Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Dave u have no idea what your talking about. Stop responding mate. Lmao buying power..... at a mechanics. I think he meant trade prices.

Yea ofcourse there is always a difference in labour shop to shop ranging from 80/hr to 120/hr.

Its a GD3 mate and its only a clutch job. Any joe blow tech will do a good enough job.

Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    JDMyard. They sell all options from Stock Replacements to Heavy Duty.
    I have done my shopping, I know they are cheapest.

On both occasions, for my Type R and WRX STI.

JDMyard has been cheapest by far.

Give them a call before you buy OP. I know will be buying one for Type S off them soon, wont even bother calling places.
    Not when I was shopping... =|
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Yea but, your a part supplier yourself.

Hook ups on stock replacement exedy clutch for a type S?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Dave u have no idea what your talking about. Stop responding mate. Lmao buying power..... at a mechanics. I think he meant trade prices.
    More evidence that you have no idea, you do know that I do parts professionally yeah?
    I think your Integra bingle had made you abit silly mate
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Additionally "trade price" isn't a fixed price...
    "Trade" can range significantly from 10% below retail (AKA List price) to well below 50% off RRP as most stores are will to give hefty discounts in exchange for a larger portion of your business, and some workshops are willing to pass on some of these discounts to be competitive. Then again what would I know I have a mortgage which isn't paid off yet, a shitbox DC2 and unpainted nails obvious no idea.
    Last edited by Daveho1; 02-02-2016 at 06:25 AM.
    -Amant02

Guise please back on topic.

OP buy a new OEM clutch kit to suit your car. Get a local mech or DIY backyard kid like myself to install it. Get on with life.

I have taken everyone's advice on board and as time was short, I left it to the mechanic to pick what he was comfortable with and more importantly if things go "pear shaped" he would not have any excuses if I had supplied the gear.
    It cost $1250 all up which included checking other bits and pieces at the time. Car is 1000% better and drivers really well. I did ask what make of clutch he put in but it was a no name ex Japan which could mean anything! I guess its about having some trust in the mechanic and he was surprised when I mentioned Exedy! (did I earn some cred points!!??) Thanks again everyone for their input - made this learning curve a lot easier! Cheers Reth

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    It's good you didn't alow amant to lead you astray
    -Amant02