Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jazz GD (2006) New Clutch Kit

Can someone please suggest a value for money replacement clutch kit for a Jazz (GD) year 2006.

I am not a car person, I have looked on the web (and in parts of the forum) but I don't know the brands that are listed and if they are any good!

I don't think I need a heavy duty clutch (as no performance mods planned - Jazz? - mind you, a turbo or supercharger would be nice) but not at this time.

Thanks in advance

Reth

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Exedy Standard will be fine.
    Clutch industries, not as nice as the exedy in my opinion but cheaper generally.
    They are the 2 most common you will get if you walk into a repco, but it depends who's doing the work.
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Quote Originally Posted by Daveho1 View Post
    Exedy Standard will be fine.
    Clutch industries, not as nice as the exedy in my opinion but cheaper generally.
    They are the 2 most common you will get if you walk into a repco, but it depends who's doing the work.
    As Dave mentioned, go with Exedy, contact Exedy directly, they can advise the closest dealers/distributors. Compare a few and find the cheapest reliable one.

You'll be able to find some very good prices [From experience] that make those generic branded clutch look overpriced.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

look out for "daikin" brand - this company makes exedy , and OEM clutch kits for many manufacturers. You might save abit of cash finding the part in daikin rather than JDM Y0 exedy

Thanks for the information Daveho1 and DreadAngle - I have been up on the Exedy webpage and noted the clutch kit type and also some local distributors whom I will call tomorrow for pricing and availability (both of you have been a big help - really appreciate it)

Bennjamin, I have tried looking for a "daikin" brand clutch but could only find reference back to Exedy. Other links took me to the USA. Any link you could point me to at all for more information?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    My understanding was that Daikin are the manufacturer but they sell under the brand exedy (and others) and are an OEM supplier. Haven't come access a clutch branded as a daikin but haven't looked that hard. Exedy arnt expensive as far as clutches go anyway, plus you get that fantastic picture sheet of the clutch being clean, missaligned and blowing up etc. best reason to buy it
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    JDMyard. They sell all options from Stock Replacements to Heavy Duty.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    So do repco, autopro, supercheap,bursons not to mention any number of online sellers.
    talk to whoever is doing the work, sometimes they can offer a discount through specific suppliers.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    I have done my shopping, I know they are cheapest.

On both occasions, for my Type R and WRX STI.

JDMyard has been cheapest by far.

Give them a call before you buy OP. I know will be buying one for Type S off them soon, wont even bother calling places.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    you amant don't have any buying power so you are compairing retail to retail. Talk to your mechanic or a few mechanics and explain you want an Exedy clutch and see what price they come up with. The price of the clutch might be 50-60 diffrence between places but the labour is where the diffrence will be.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    ^ wata fkn dud.

Op in the real world what you need to be worried about will the tech cover warranty.

Even thou part maybe exedy, mechanics dont like to cover work on parts from an unknown source. (from their perspective)

Also if they want any more than $1000 in labour look else where, about $800 be a good deal. Its only a Jazz, its not putting massive power down nor seems like your planning too.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Lol can you read or nah?
    Last edited by Daveho1; 01-02-2016 at 11:40 AM.
    -Amant02