Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

P28 Chip suppliers

I have a B16A and a P28 ECU that accepts a chip. I purchased a chip from the following company online. I know chips aren't that expensive but how will I know I have purchased one that will do what I want it to do? I did give them the specs to configure it at the time.
    I want it to basically have the P30 configuration to match the original ECU that I don't have.
    Is this a reputable company! Or is there one locally (Melbourne Australia) that does these too? It would be a cheaper option than my plan to use my fully programmable one that is in the car. It will save on tuning costs which will easily add up to $1000

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-ACURA-...-/180777448726

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Save and buy the hondata or what have you Mate, EMS isn't the place to cheap out besides the diagnostic side of the hondata alone makes it worthwhile in my opinion.

Inb4BBk
    Last edited by Daveho1; 03-02-2016 at 04:17 AM.
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Personally I wouldn't trust that eBay chip..

I agree with Dave on the S300. The current V3 has a ton of features (such as Bluetooth and flex fuel) and they're extremely reliable as they mount to OEM ECUs. You can even load up a stock B16 map from the presets to get started once it's all fitted.

However, I have to ask, if you just want the stock tune how come you aren't just using a P30 ECU? I'm assuming this is for the Mini, in which case I wouldn't think fitting a P30 would be any more effort than the P28?
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    Are you after stock P30 maps in a chip to suit the P28 ?

The engine came with the P28. If I had a P30 I would have used it without batting an eyelid. They just seem hard to get or over priced.
    I am sure the S300 is great but it will still require tuning on a dyno so in this case I might as well use my Autronic.

Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN View Post
    Are you after stock P30 maps in a chip to suit the P28 ?

Pretty much.

I have a JDM B16A with a P73 integra inlet manifold and throttle body so I assume the stock P30 chip is what I need for the P28 ECU I have.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Seems like a lot of effort to maintain stock maps.
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Everyone seems to have the P28 and just adds the relevant chip. If it was as easy as that then there would be no need for the dyno and should pretty much be a plug and play. This would be easier than a fully programmable. Hence the original question....who is a reliable supplier of a chip?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    I've never heard of anyone making chips with stock tunes for stock ECUs. The most common modification to OEM Honda ECUs is adding a Hondata of some sort.

You sure you aren't thinking of Hondata S100s? They are a chip that you have a tune loaded onto and installed in the ECU. You probably could load a stock tune if you wanted to.

Maybe ECU-MAN can chime in, if anyone makes a chip like the one you're talking about I'm sure he will have heard of it.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

P28 Chip suppliers

Maybe I'm reading old info or something. My P28 is socketed so you can install an eprom chip to suit modifications like a B16 conversion.
    Hopefully ECU-MAN can assist or close this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchy1978 View Post
    Maybe I'm reading old info or something. My P28 is socketed so you can install an eprom chip to suit modifications like a B16 conversion.
    Hopefully ECU-MAN can assist or close this topic.
    https://www.xenocron.com/chipping-c-23.html

Maybe this is not exactly what you are after, but you can buy chips pre loaded with a basemap from xenocron. I haven't seen an official "OEM Tune" map, even the sample maps that come with the Hondata s300 are 'basemaps' only and I found they ran very rich on my fairly stock B18c and needed a fair bit of massaging to get right. Might still be cheaper to source a stock ECU, at least you'll know it has a reliable tune even if it's not optimum.

Is your ECU actually chipped already or is it just a stock P28? If it's not socketed ready for a chip you'll need to get it modified to do so same as if you were adding a hondata.

Yeh it's already socketed.