Threaded View

Member Array
    Car:
    09 Honda Accord

Red face 2009 Honda Accord - 72 Month Service - General Fluid Reccomendations

Hi all, my 2009 Accords 72 Month/120K service is coming up. I've only done 50K Km's so I'm going by time. I'm looking to replace OEM pads and rotors with this one too as they're squealing as expected. I'm just hoping to get feedback on the parts as I'm not going to the $tealership service I will be supplying parts wherever possible but am a bit of a noob.

Engine Oil: PENRITE ENVIRO PLUS GF5 5W30 5L ENGINE OIL
    Engine Oil Filter: Whatever the Honda universal filter is
    Air Cleaner Element: K&N 33-2402 Air Filter
    Automatic Transmission Fluid: Whatever Honda Genuine is (ATF-Z1 or whatever)
    Brake Fluid: Whatever Honda Genuine is
    Brake Pads: Mechanic has recommended Trustop or Allied Nippon as he has had issues with Bendix CT
    Brake Rotors: DBA for front and rear from old mate supercheap.

The questions I have is
    • Do I need to bother with Power Steering Fluid, and if so, does it need to flushed (how many L's) and what product is recommended?
    • Should I be using a HPR5 5W40 instead? The Penrite product selector doesn't show this. I live in Queensland is ambient temp is a factor.
    • Any other general comments on the above.

This will be a log book service so it will include inspecting valve clearance and adjusting if necessary I think.
    Last edited by Shpox; 06-02-2016 at 09:47 PM.