Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Yea mate 6k is gonna get u a fully sick hi comp b18. Build an engine 1st before u talk.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    Yea mate 6k is gonna get u a fully sick hi comp b18. Build an engine 1st before u talk.
    Shots fired
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    Lol you are a classic man Amant, very silly but classic
    Last edited by Daveho1; 18-02-2016 at 02:37 PM.
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Lol that's why we like having him around, funny lad. kinda of miss him when he's gone

He does give out some sound advice every now and then.
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Im still interested in where his getting this magical b18 fully sick hi comp with hectic high lift and duration cams with all the accessories to run it all for 6k.

****ing bargain. Ill sell my bbk tmr and buy a dc2r if its possible.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Wait sorry he said he can get a blown B18 to outperform a K20 in power output for 3-6k.

Fkn what a dud. Lucky his only selling parts to people who know what they are doing. Cos this kunt has no nfi.

Lmao getting my car prep'd for track day...... how many track days you gonna do a year that you car needs to be prep'd.

Do a service all fluids + filters + clean plugs check on the brakes away you go fkn dud. If you like it, than you start modding your car to your liking for consistent track days and lap improvement times. Would take me less than 1hr to have your car ready to take a beating for whole day.

Its not like your gonna be breaking any fkn records on 1st attendance or driving to the max of the cars ability.

heres the differance between you and me dave, I do the actual work, you dream about the work you wanna do on ur car.
    Last edited by amant02; 19-02-2016 at 12:06 AM.

Soon I will find out the extent of the damage on the b18. If it won't cost me more than 2k then I'll fix it just to get it back to how it was.
    If I have to spend more than 3k to get the b18 back to normal then it wont be worth my time
    I just want to know if this will work out: . . .
    IF I go ahead with the kswap..all the parts would cost me around 5-6k. Would it cost me that much or more?
    IF I go ahead with the kswap, I can sell all the parts from the b18 that I dont need and make at least 3k back. Or am I over estimating the value of things I have in my engine bay?
    That way...I'd make some money back and all up use around 3-4k on the swap.
    Could someone please just answer those two questions if they have experience or the slightest knowledge?
    Thanks and all the help is appreciated

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Parts in Engine Bay Maybe Will Net a 2grand return. The gearbox is the only item of real value, since blown motor.

As for parts required, if you dont mind 2nd hand goodies you can get away 5-6k in parts.

But then you have to budget for labour/tuning costs too.

I personally reckon you will be at the 6k cost on top of the revenue you get from selling parts no longer required.

Even than it will be the most basic kswap, but it will surely run circles around a stockish b series powered dc2.

Since money is tight, what I'd do in your shoes is buy another working B18C7 and straight swap backyard job.

That will cost you the ~3k mark that your willing to spend. Plus about 1k in labour if you want a workshop to do it.

Good luck finding a b18c7.
    Last edited by amant02; 19-02-2016 at 02:26 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    If money is super tight... and you need a car on the road. B18C2.

Sure its not a type R engine...... but it only cost $1500 for a working one in really good condition.

for under the 2k mark you could be on the road again with the sale of your blown engine.

This option will massively devalue your car.... but you will have a working car on the road.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Lol so much dumb in one place. Pretty sure amant was deployed here by the Subaru owners club to give out shit info to force people away from Hondas.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieDC2 View Post
    Soon I will find out the extent of the damage on the b18. If it won't cost me more than 2k then I'll fix it just to get it back to how it was.
    If I have to spend more than 3k to get the b18 back to normal then it wont be worth my time
    I just want to know if this will work out: . . .
    IF I go ahead with the kswap..all the parts would cost me around 5-6k. Would it cost me that much or more?
    IF I go ahead with the kswap, I can sell all the parts from the b18 that I dont need and make at least 3k back. Or am I over estimating the value of things I have in my engine bay?
    That way...I'd make some money back and all up use around 3-4k on the swap.
    Could someone please just answer those two questions if they have experience or the slightest knowledge?
    Thanks and all the help is appreciated
    It really depends on the damage "engine exploded" isn't the most technical term. wait to see the extent of the damage.
    Have a look around at the cost of parts, a lot can be had second hand as amant said so have a look but also look at the cost of new and don't for get to account for incidentals like conversion mounts, additional wiring and budgeting for an ECU and tune.
    Additionally look at the diffrent types of K24 as they arnt the same, I have a k24 sitting on my floor at work which ain't worth anything for example.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveho1 View Post
    Lol so much dumb in one place. Pretty sure amant was deployed here by the Subaru owners club to give out shit info to force people away from Hondas.
    Please tell me where can I get my engine rebuilt for 6k which includes all the fancy things that will make a motor that spins the wrong way make more power than its successor.