[CU2] Changing the OEM HID bulbs?

Hi,

Has anyone changed the factory HID's to a different bulb on their CU2? Just wondering how difficult it is, seems like there's barely any room to get to the access cover through the bonnet.

Member Array
    Car:
    2012 Euro CU2
    I have just changed my halogen bulbs an it was a bastard of a job. The manual says to access from the front wheel well but that was worse than just going in from the engine bay. The battery will need to be removed for the left side.

Member Array
    Car:
    2012 Euro CU2

[CU2] Changing the OEM HID bulbs?

Then when you finally get the plastic backing cover off you are working blind. I took plenty of pics with my phone before, during and after.
    I am talking about halogens on my base model, not sure how different the setup is for HID's.
    Last edited by Kuchiki81; 13-02-2016 at 05:06 PM.

according to the Honda mechanics that swapped my headlights, it's easier to just remove the bumper to replace the headlights.
    I tried following the manual to access from the front wheel well then gave up and took the car to Honda instead lol

Member Array
    Car:
    2012 Euro CU2
    Yes I agree, either take the time to remove the front bumper and headlight assembly completely or just take it to Honda.

Thanks guys, will just remove the bumper.

For future reference, you don't have to take the whole bumper off. Just unclip the side's and top and you can still change the bulbs

Member Array
    Car:
    2012 Euro CU2
    Did you remove the headlight assembly?