Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS300

EXEDY clutch Cerametallic or Organic...??

Hey guys

Im looking at purchasing/installing a HD exedy clutch for my 95 accord before I get my turbo kit installed.

The Exedy organic is rated up to 300HP ( I am aiming at 140-180 KW ATW) with a 35% higher torque loading capacity then OEM, or the Exedy cerametallic clutch which has a 75% higher torque capacity then OEM.

The organic clutch supposedly gives you a OEM stlye clutch (in clutch pedal feel, and design but holds more torque) but the cerametallic clutch is a 3 puck design which gives you a shuddering/jerky take offs when cold, which is a trade off, but it has a much higher torque loading 75%.

So my question is has anyone out there had any experiences with the stage 2 exedy cerametallic clutch? Is it a bitch to drive in stop start traffic/daily drivers?

I would prefer to get the cerametallic so I hopefully wont have to replace it for a long time, and I am eventually hoping for a tad over 300HP (at the flywheel) but I dont want a clutch that is a bitch to use
    Last edited by smoknhothonda; 18-04-2005 at 05:37 PM.

i have only experience with the HD organic kit on a NA lightly modded car - but ive heard this clutch is godo for up to 300hp....ask Weq on this forum -he has had a boosted civic with this clutch and reported no problems at all with the organic setup...

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    i had the cerametallic clutch when i got my integra (was already installed) my car isnt really worked but the thing grabbed like nothing else. The pedal feel was roughly close to double the heaviness of the sports organic job i put in recently coz the previous owner thrashed the crap out of it. Realistically the cerametallic clutch isnt really hard to drive with in traffic once you get used to it, but if you dont need it i would stick with the organic, just because the gearbox was taking heaps more punishment with the harder clutch.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    i use the organic, i reckon its perfect for a daily driver. Unless you plan on hard launches very often it'll be fine

Member Array
    Car:
    dc5r
    clutchs are designed to be the weak link in the driveline, so if nething does go pearshaped it'l be your $1000 clutch not your $2000 gearbox(got no idea on prices jus examples) ideally you want a weaker clutch than gearbox, i'd go 4 organic, your gearbox myt not lyk the sudden tourque transfer of the cerametallic, jus my 2cents

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Silver 94 Accord VTI
    me I'd go for the organic as well ( unless regular drag racing is part of your plan ) . exedy do have some pretty smart tech help guys - give them a ring they have branches in every state i think ... by the way exedy clutch was called daikin clutch so if you have an old phonebook it'll be under daikin

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    NA or turbo? With NA torque, i rekon 180kw will be good for the organic. On turbo, 160kw will be about the max for this guy i rekon...
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS300
    I am going to install my hks turbo kit with (at this stage) an AEM (30-1040U) EMS, FMIC either a skunk 2 (2.5" exhaust) or custom 3" (the skunk 2 will be a hell of a lot cheaper, plus it just bolts up) an AEM fuel rail and FPR Walboro fuel pump etc etc I plan on achieving anywhere from 140/180 ATW KW running 6psi daily and up to 10/12 psi (which is pushing 300 HP at the flywheel) thats why Im kinda leaning towards the Cerametallic clutch

I intend to keep my accord as a daily driver, thats why now (just before ordering my clutch and flywheel) Im kinda leaning towards the organic setup, and hoping it will hold together

i've got a three puck ceramic button, i love it. my clutch is actually softer than joneblaze's sports organic... i wouldn't worry about pedal effort.

the annoying bit is the shuddering you get on take off, i guess it would be unnacceptable to some people, i'm used to it now though... doesn't worry me in the slightest.
    And so it begins...

Member Array
    Car:
    EK Civic Coupe
    hey i was thinking bout getting this KHN22007HD and it cost $531.00 inc gst this is a heavy duty sprung organic clutch kit. how much torque will i gain from this??

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    which of the clutches feel closer to the stock? organic or hd? im thinking of getting one myself? my car is completely stock

hd organic... but stock will feel most like stock