I have a 2007 Legend with the PUH error which comes on everytime the car is turned on.

It's done it since I bought the car 6 years ago privately.

I've had the rams replaced and as far as I know anything else that needs replacing to correct the "fault".

The local dealer has thrown it's hand in the air and said it can't be fixed! Serious.

It doesn't take much to activate the Pop Up Hood System, apparently a decent bird strike will do it.

I'm wondering if anyone on this forum has encountered a similar thing and can perhaps point me in the right direction.

Preferably not back to Honda.com.au, their response was to take the car to the local Honda dealer, they have nothing to do with dealing with customers....

Unfortunately I have absolutely no faith in my local dealers knowledge base nor abilities. When I first took the car to them and faithfully had it serviced and log book entries done. The mechanics were absolutely driven, die hard Honda nuts. They still couldn't figure it out though.

Since then the dealership has been taken over and the range of cars expanded by about three fold. So the expertise is gone. Too many blank looks for me.

So, I gave up. Until recently when I searched forums in the States and found a fair bit of info on the Acura RL site.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?