Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    none

Question Which brand Filters do you use ?

Hi guys,

So seems my oil filter might have a tiny hole which is leaking oil.. so Ill replace it.. though wondering what you guys might recommend ?

Usually I go for RYCO filters.. but the cost of it for my 05' CRV is $22 ... which seems high for an oil filter (from my experience).... is there one ya'll might recommend that still decent yet isn't costly ? ... seems the higher price for RYCO also applies to other filter types too :/

Sorry, not meaning for this post to make me sound like a tight arse (though I can be) .. I'm more after 'value'...

Thanks in advance

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Personally I just use Honda oil filters.
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveho1 View Post
    thanks Daveho1 , how much do you usually pay for them? Do you get the from a Honda Dealership or is there a website that sells Honda Filters ?

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    x2, change it when changing oil

but ryco is fine also
    Quote Originally Posted by Widget View Post
    thanks Daveho1 , how much do you usually pay for them? Do you get the from a Honda Dealership or is there a website that sells Honda Filters ?
    he is a parts king pin, he probably gets them very cheap
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    I pay about 10 each. That being said there was a time where ryco z79a where recommended for Hondas and they can be had very cheap
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    no weetek civic
    I pay about 10 each. That being said there was a time where ryco z79a where recommended for Hondas and they can be had very cheap
    oi hook us up
    SSpamily

hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Lek nah
    -Amant02

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    none
    Just checked with the closest Honda Dealer/Spare parts.. $23 for the oil filter :/ ... there's some on ebay for $19.65 delivered Honda oil filter or a 10x pack for $100 making them $10ea.. but I wont use that many... alternatively, there's other brand, OSAKA, OSK, Brintech .. but haven't heard much from those others..

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by Widget View Post
    Hi guys,

So seems my oil filter might have a tiny hole which is leaking oil.. so Ill replace it.. though wondering what you guys might recommend ?

Usually I go for RYCO filters.. but the cost of it for my 05' CRV is $22 ... which seems high for an oil filter (from my experience).... is there one ya'll might recommend that still decent yet isn't costly ? ... seems the higher price for RYCO also applies to other filter types too :/

Sorry, not meaning for this post to make me sound like a tight arse (though I can be) .. I'm more after 'value'...

Thanks in advance
    Stick with Ryco. Honda filters will be even more expensive and I have a feeling you're really worried about the price.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    Stick with Ryco. Honda filters will be even more expensive and I have a feeling you're really worried about the price.
    Thanks Blaze , not super worried, but not sure why some filters cost twice as much as others when they do the same job :/ .. Honda and Ryco seem to have a similar price, but the ones listed just above seem to be half the ptice.

I also went to REPCO this afternoon, was quoted $13 for their filter.. considering just grabbing one of them.. currently looking around @ reviews now.

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    overthinking it
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe