Thread: malfuncion

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 accord 2.4

malfuncion

Driving along, then sddenly I appear to have no steering, the brakes fail and the car dries itself into a barrier all front end fender damage, do not know if the engine actually shut down, this event took all of five seconds, from no steering to impact, however the car then drove normally and has not faulted for the last 3 weeks, the mechanics have had the diagnostic tool on the car and can find no faults, after the impact I thought about what the cause might be and the only thing I could come up wit was a failure of the crankshaft sensor, which I would have imagined if it were to fail to read the crankshaft pully (or variant) the fuel pump would stop, the distributor would shut down (so no spark, no fuel) no engine running to drive the brake booster and no power steering pump operating, does anyone see rthis as a valid line of thinking?

Member Array
    Car:
    kswap fn2
    RenzoKUKENj can help you m8, hes qualified in this field.

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    you still would have brakes and steering if your motor turned off, just wouldn't have been power assisted.
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Maybe it was driver error
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    I also violently steer into walls on the occasion

Makes life exciting
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    How many beers had you enjoyed or are u a spirits guy?
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Quote Originally Posted by dentree View Post
    Driving along, then sddenly I appear to have no steering, the brakes fail and the car dries itself into a barrier all front end fender damage, do not know if the engine actually shut down, this event took all of five seconds, from no steering to impact, however the car then drove normally and has not faulted for the last 3 weeks, the mechanics have had the diagnostic tool on the car and can find no faults, after the impact I thought about what the cause might be and the only thing I could come up wit was a failure of the crankshaft sensor, which I would have imagined if it were to fail to read the crankshaft pully (or variant) the fuel pump would stop, the distributor would shut down (so no spark, no fuel) no engine running to drive the brake booster and no power steering pump operating, does anyone see rthis as a valid line of thinking?

also no, your line of reasoning is incorrect
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Maybe is renzo lel

Pretty much any account newer than a year I suspect to be jum now lol
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015