Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    HR-V VTI-S

HR-V Self locking doors

Sometimes when I go to the car in my garage without the keys in my pocket the doors are locked and other times there are not. Any one got any ideas on this?
    Bob
    Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill

Just to get this clear....Are the doors locking or unlocking themselves ?

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    No idea.. Are these proximity locks? or the sort where you have to press a button on the handle?

Most people here haven't seen a Honda past 2006, myself included
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Alzheimers

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    HR-V VTI-S
    The doors normally lock themselves when I walk away from the car. This is normal and is a feature of the car. However when he car is in my garage sometime the doors lock and sometimes they do not lock. The keys are in the same location i.e in the kitchen for both occasions.
    Bob

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by lolmclol View Post
    Alzheimers
    What do you say to this gentleman, Bob?
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by u mad? View Post
    What do you say to this gentleman, Bob?
    What the fuk sort of English is that m8
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Quote Originally Posted by Bob hornby View Post
    The doors normally lock themselves when I walk away from the car. This is normal and is a feature of the car. However when he car is in my garage sometime the doors lock and sometimes they do not lock. The keys are in the same location i.e in the kitchen for both occasions.
    Bob
    Can I assume the car always locks when you leave it in a shopping centre car park ?
    Is your shed a steel shed ?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    HR-V VTI-S
    Purple, yes the doors always lock them selves when I leave it in a shopping centre. The garage is part of our house and constructed of timber framework and giprock interior walls.

Regarding the Alzheimer's comments I find it OK, it is just a bit of fun and as I am not young any more so maybe it is not too far away for me anyway.
    Bob

Ok well I guess the remote signal is prob not being blocked then. I can only think that you might have some electrical item in the vicinity that jams the locking signal.
    Have you talked to your Honda dealer about it ? What did they say ?

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    I'm thinking you're right on the line between locking/unlocking, so depending on the weather it might just not lock on certain days

<3 technology
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Quote Originally Posted by Bob hornby View Post
    Purple, yes the doors always lock them selves when I leave it in a shopping centre. The garage is part of our house and constructed of timber framework and giprock interior walls.

Regarding the Alzheimer's comments I find it OK, it is just a bit of fun and as I am not young any more so maybe it is not too far away for me anyway.
    Bob
    Was just joking, sorry mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    Ok well I guess the remote signal is prob not being blocked then. I can only think that you might have some electrical item in the vicinity that jams the locking signal.
    Have you talked to your Honda dealer about it ? What did they say ?
    The locking works in the sense that when the remote isn't being detected close by it locks, so if the signal was being as you've termed "jammed" then it would lock as it doesn't detect the signal anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    I'm thinking you're right on the line between locking/unlocking, so depending on the weather it might just not lock on certain days

<3 technology
    This is what is most likely the issue, the distance between your garage and your kitchen is in the Goldilocks zone and due to the lower levels of radio interference at home it is still able to detect it.

Try having the keys somewhere further away in the house?