Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    LMAO another Honda owner doing IHE tune and facing disappointment BAHAHAHAHA.

IHE is not enough to Justify the cost of tune + ecu on a Honda. Learn this. (this should be put on a sticky - could be saving new users some cash)

Btw clutch/flywheel type has nothing to do with power gains OP.

Also to the midrange argument you guys have fkn get real, if low and mid range matters to you than NA VTEC isn;t for you.
    Mid range is always important, you should now this being a turbo guy
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveho1 View Post
    TBH I think having a hondata early is a fantastic thing. The information available to is invaluable but on a stock engine with bolt ons you just arnt be winning race wars, that said would be good to see the curves rather than judging on peak alone.
    Ill be honest I used think this too, but I was new I didn't know much.
    Tuners love people like you. $600 bucks per a pop just cos you have shelled out few bucks for a different exhaust or intake. $600/30minutes worth of work nice.
    Sure you can look at it as its a mod your gonna have to do anyway, but its paying for the car tuned over and over again, by the end of the build a good amount will
    have been paid to your turner who's gonna be laughing all the to the bank. Do it once do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by u mad? View Post
    Mid range is always important, you should now this being a turbo guy
    Oh I know how important mid range is, but when I buy a Honda. I buy a Honda for its screaming top end.

Like I have pointed it out in the past. Very responsive, quick reving engine matched to a short ratio box in a light chassis. You worried about making 60HP, one second quicker at a cost of nearly $2000?

Very good gain this. Tell me where to line up to have my wallet raped pls.

Like benny said, its only gonna be for butt dyno feels. No real gain that matters.
    Last edited by amant02; 20-03-2016 at 10:10 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    True , this example gained +14kw atw from standard map to "tuned" - not a waste of time but let me suggest that with only breathing mods - this is a peak power increase and not a noticeable useable torque increase. Hence with this extra "peak" power the guy won't be feeling a difference at the 1/4 or track. Yes , on the street he will feel a booBAAAAAAA stronger but that's it. Having thrashed both standard ep3's/dc5s vs breathing mods and tune there isn't a difference in pull.

My my point is , STRONG IMO a tuneable ECU should be harnessed with minimum breathing mods , supporting timing and fuel plus selected cams to really make a difference. Then go for extra capacity or supercharge or turbo !

you are wrong in this case ben

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX

just for you ben look at that mid range
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1111.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	6.5 KB 
ID:	29477  

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    I will back ben up on this. Stock Honda Engine with IHE, ECU + Tune is not the next move.

Its braking and handling.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by 90LAN View Post

just for you ben look at that mid range
    Oh wow is that wat mid range un tuned looks like. It really does put the transition from low lift to high lift soo much smother.

Wat car is this? K24 or the k20? larger pic would help too.

I still wouldnt spend 2k just yet.. save up for cams atleast.
    Last edited by amant02; 20-03-2016 at 10:27 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    facepalm
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Na mate cost of Kpro and turner time is not worth still just with I/H/E

I'd still wait till I have enough for atleast springs and cams.

Cos whats that... $1200 cams and springs $500ish.

Will net a much better peak is what we all really are chasing when we tune. Unless your gonna be left with asking for more.

I should also note, this sort of improvement will been seen across any stock ecu being tuned, cos manufactures are conservative in their tunes.
    Last edited by amant02; 20-03-2016 at 10:32 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Lol op

Several people have already explained this to you, including the guy who tuned your car lol...
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    Ill be honest I used think this too, but I was new I didn't know much.
    Tuners love people like you. $600 bucks per a pop just cos you have shelled out few bucks for a different exhaust or intake. $600/30minutes worth of work nice.
    Sure you can look at it as its a mod your gonna have to do anyway, but its paying for the car tuned over and over again, by the end of the build a good amount will
    have been paid to your turner who's gonna be laughing all the to the bank.
    I hear what your saying and I'm not advocating for tuning after every mod, I'm saying having the capacity there to time when the time comes and having the hondata installed early with the stock map for diagnostic purposes is a good thing.
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 DC2R

Tune is well worth it imo. over 20kw gain in the midrange, id like to see cams give you better gains than that without going high comp pistons.
    and theres no difference in paying 1k for an ecu now or later, youre still going to spend money on it. the only difference is paying for another tune down the track if you decide to do internals but whats another $500 1 year later.

OP, you still havent revealed what header and intake you actually have....also dont compare qld dyno figures to nsw, we like to leave the air temp sensor on the wall rather than in the hot engine bay

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    Killa's correct solid midrange gain of almost 25% where most of ur time is spent. Dyno graphs are like silicon ****, they look great but dont reveal the true performance. Ive seen a 6kw diff just from diff profile rubber/camber and hotter temps.