Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

dc5r k20a2 before and after tune compare.

any other dc5r (k20a2) owners out there with the following mods if you do can you post what your kwatw before and after the tune. I just got mine done it seems slightly lower than usual especially with the current mods compare to some of the other owners out there with the same mods.

exedy clutch
    stage 2 lighten flywheel.
    pod filter
    headers 'hi flow car ' 2 half inch straight through
    rbc bored to 70mm
    70mm throttle body
    kpro

124kwatw before the tune.
    138kwatw after the tune.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Wow...
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla Spec S
    should post up dyno sheets of both before and after runs

interested to see thruout the rev range

not just peak output
    peteju captures, like us on facebook..

Quote Originally Posted by Ayanamik View Post
    any other dc5r (k20a2) owners out there with the following mods if you do can you post what your kwatw before and after the tune. I just got mine done it seems slightly lower than usual especially with the current mods compare to some of the other owners out there with the same mods.

exedy clutch
    stage 2 lighten flywheel.
    pod filter
    headers 'hi flow car ' 2 half inch straight through
    rbc bored to 70mm
    70mm throttle body
    kpro

124kwatw before the tune.
    138kwatw after the tune.

Mate you aren't getting any faster with just those breathing mods and a tune.
    I hate to burst your bubble but I would bet even with a dead standard motor and just the Kpro you would of made almost the same power.

You you need aftermarket camshafts and supporting hardware as well THEN tune to feel anything worthwhile IMO

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    What brand header? Is your 'pod filter' a short ram? as in its in the engine bay?

With a good header, 3" exhaust and a proper cold air intake you should get the magical 150 atw with a good tuner. Also take into account different dyno's read differently, Since you got it tuned in summer that wouldn't have helped especially if you do have a sri.

Ben I wouldn't say that for k series, bolts on and tune going from 110 to 150kw would be very noticeable.
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    no weetek civic
    what fuel were you using? bp 98? shell 98? caltex 95?
    what was the ambient temp?
    what psi were your tyres?
    what size were your tyres?

maybe try a hi flow cat instead of a hi flow car, might help as well.
    SSpamily

hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Hi flow car is best. That's why he's tuning to add flow
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    LMAO another Honda owner doing IHE tune and facing disappointment BAHAHAHAHA.

IHE is not enough to Justify the cost of tune + ecu on a Honda. Learn this. (this should be put on a sticky - could be saving new users some cash)

Btw clutch/flywheel type has nothing to do with power gains OP.

Also to the midrange argument you guys have fkn get real, if low and mid range matters to you than NA VTEC isn;t for you.
    Last edited by amant02; 20-03-2016 at 03:43 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Fuk up amant.
    OP what where you looking to get? Really nothing you have done to the car is going to make any significant diffrence as you have now found out, what you have done though is set up a less restrictive intake and exhaust but clearly in the stock configuration these aren't that restrictive on a stock engine, once you get the engine making more power then these mods will come it's there own, also look into a proper intake.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Lol the profanity. The truth hurts.

OP ill also be honest with you mate. 70MM TB on stock engine..... whoever is tuning your car is just selling you shit you dont need.

Quote Originally Posted by u mad? View Post

Ben I wouldn't say that for k series, bolts on and tune going from 110 to 150kw would be very noticeable.
    True , this example gained +14kw atw from standard map to "tuned" - not a waste of time but let me suggest that with only breathing mods - this is a peak power increase and not a noticeable useable torque increase. Hence with this extra "peak" power the guy won't be feeling a difference at the 1/4 or track. Yes , on the street he will feel a booBAAAAAAA stronger but that's it. Having thrashed both standard ep3's/dc5s vs breathing mods and tune there isn't a difference in pull.

My my point is , STRONG IMO a tuneable ECU should be harnessed with minimum breathing mods , supporting timing and fuel plus selected cams to really make a difference. Then go for extra capacity or supercharge or turbo !

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    TBH I think having a hondata early is a fantastic thing. The information available to is invaluable but on a stock engine with bolt ons you just arnt be winning race wars, that said would be good to see the curves rather than judging on peak alone.
    -Amant02