So I drove out to Canberra and Sydney last Friday from Melbourne and came across a slight problem. About halfway through, my check engine light came on however the car seemed to be running fine, it was serviced recently too so all fluids were okay. When I got to a mechanic in Canberra, he checked it for me and said my knock sensor was faulty, said I was good to drive back and just get it fixed at my mechanic in Melb.

Anyway, when I was around Sydney the car felt more sluggish, I suppose I only noticed this because I was in suburban+city traffic stopping and going opposed to a freeway but despite this, the car was still fine, no knocking or vibrating. One thing to point out, when I'd restart the car, the check engine light wouldn't come on until a few minutes, I'm pretty sure going hard on the throttle made it pop but it wasn't instant.

Back in Melbourne for 2 days and I notice that the check engine light hasn't come on yet, despite going on the freeway and driving around a fair amount. When I got car diagnosed just then, codes came up again about the knock sensor however when we tested it there didn't seem to be any problem, went pretty hard on the car and still no check engine light. After my mech. messed around with the codes a little bit, VSA alert indicator came on and stayed on, and then the VSA light would come on after 50km/h indicating malfunction, came back after a test drive, played with it a bit more and it was fixed. Didn't replace the sensor.

Any idea what the heck that was lol, we're pretty beat. Only different thing done to my car in the past 2 weeks was switching over to using BP 98 Ultimate fuel (never used it before) and new fatter 18" tires.