Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Small update:

Not much in the way of modifying has happened, however my 3rd oil change has rolled around since the rebuild (2,000kms) and that's happening tomorrow on my RDO.

Last week's fluid and overall health check complete

The tyres on my daily ute were shagged, so the Civic has returned to hauling my ass around for work and activities

Then today during a quiet spell at work, I quickly got the car on the wheel alignment hoist to pull everything back into spec, when before I could even get the base readings on the screen, the power went out and the car was stuck there. Power was off for nearly 4 hours and instead of heading home at my knock off time, I waited for the power to come back on and finished the job.
    Went from 1.5m toe in on rears to 0.5mm both sides and 0.2mm toe in on fronts for a bit tighter turn in when I hit corners. Downside thus far is being a bit twitchy on public roads, as the car is more likely to follow deviations and bumps, but even from the horrid weather giving drenched roads, it felt more eager when I dove into a merge lane entrance.

Next stop, tyres for the ute, then stripping out the interior!!
    EK4 Daily Turned Clubsprint Racer
    XH Falcon Ute Tow Hauler/Parts Vehicle

WTAC 2017 is the Dream

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Subslibed
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

So Friday night I decided to head out to the SA Honda Friday night meet, and ended up going for a wee drive with some mates. About half way down a rather infamous hills road of ours, my steering went heavy and I was unsure of the cause. Figuring a hose had busted and there wasn't much I could do on the side of the road, I continued roling to the nearest service station for some better lighting and ground to work with.

Found this:

Turns out my tensioner retaining bolt seems to not have been done up properly, and the undulating roads and bumps caused the belt to lose tension, hop off the pulley and somehow in the mess the retaining bolt dislodged itself and bounced around in my engine bay. Drove with no power steering to work the next day and home again then reattached everything nicely last night before heading out to do it all over again, glad to see I still have the ability to mess up my shit when I go hard :P

WTAC 2017 is the Dream

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    I'm pretty certain that tensioner is for the A/C. The power steering belt is tensioned by the wing-headed bolt on the top mounting bracket for the pump. Unless you have some strange exception?

A/C tensioner:

-ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Yeah all sorted bud, reattached the tensioner and got everything else reattached and running smooth before I headed out the next night. Cheers for the info though

WTAC 2017 is the Dream