Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm GutterZ and I wanna go fast

Hi Guys,

Been a shadow lurker for a while now, hunting around the forum checking out build logs and gather information when I've needed it. Figured it was about time I made a post and got my own build log started.

Here's my Honda
    1997 EK4 Civic
    28x,xxxkms
    Manuel
    Unknown Starshark copy wheels in 15x7.5 at around +30 offset
    195/55/15 Goodyear Eagle F1 Directionals (good all round tyre for street use)
    Unknown lowered springs (roughly 30mm drop)
    Unknown intake piping with K&N Air filter which was dirty as shit
    Had a slight leak from the head gasket (oil)

Overall it was a very clean and well presented car with only minor defects which could be fixed and worked on. I thoroughly enjoyed showing people the back end of the hatch from a set of lights and was amazed at the handling capabilities of the stock chassis and suspension given that no work had been done and several of the bushes needed replacement. One fateful night however, the oil warning light came on after V-TEC disengaged mid corner, and even though I backed off until a safe palce to pull over was found, it was already too late. More oil had leaked than I had realized and the motor had run dry, causing a knocking noise to come from the bottom end.

This is the big end bearing from #3 conrod

So a full rebuild was then on the cards, as I wasn't going to throw in the towel on such a clean example on an EK4

After a couple of months getting everything back together, I ended up with a build consisting of the following

*New*
    Standard Pistons w/chrome rings
    Reconditioned crankshaft
    Main and big end bearings
    ARP Head studs
    Full gasket set including OEM spec multi layer metal head gasket
    Water pump
    Timing belt w/tensioner pulley
    Standard flywheel (previous was TODA Racing Lightweight but had cracking and heat spots)
    Clutch Industries OEM spec clutch kit
    Driveshafts OEM
    Fuel Filter
    Charcoal canister bungs replaced with genuine Honda
    V-TEC solenoid rubbers
    52mm Alloy Radiator
    Silicone Hose kit throughout

I will endeavor to get a shot of the new engine bay up soon, it's not quite done yet however as the rocker cover needs a repaint.

Plans for the remainder of the year are to take it off the road once rego runs out in a few weeks, and start stripping out dead weight to go racing.
    - AC delete, power steering delete, taking off whatever trims I can to remain in Clubsprint class as per WTAC regulations and continue the build within those specs.
    - Going the larger calipers from Prelude/Type-R with 280mm rotors up front, and most likely QFM A1RM pads all round, with DBA T3 rotors
    - Coilovers I am undecided on at this point, I will see what comes up and what price point i am able to run with in coming weeks.
    - Getting fully adjustable camber, toe and castor wherever possible, then weight tuning the coilovers and fine tuning the alignment to my driving style and most frequented tracks (Mallala mostly)
    - Eventually getting some 15x8 or wider wheels, most likely Enkei RPF01 or something similar, with ADVAN AD08 control tyre for WTAC
    - Aero mods will follow within regulations, with ducting going to my front brakes, a cold air intake box run behind the drivers side headlight etc etc

Cheers for reading, I'll update this as things happen, for now I'm waiting to recuperate some money and will begin stripping out the rear over the coming weeks
    EK4 Daily Turned Clubsprint Racer
    XH Falcon Ute Tow Hauler/Parts Vehicle

WTAC 2017 is the Dream

Do I know you? =P
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Oi you rat jerk! How have you been bud?

My old FB account is deleted and I can't seem to find you on there to add you. Hit me up buddy, I need my TODA contact back! Plus I miss you
    Last edited by GutterStars; 28-04-2016 at 11:28 PM.

WTAC 2017 is the Dream

Wahahahahaha!!!
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    nice...
    keep it upto date...

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    subbed.
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Lol want to go fast but has Honda

You need polo gti my friend
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    Lol want to go fast but has Honda

You need polo gti my friend
    can you for once be friendly to the newbies.
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    kswap fn2
    Quote Originally Posted by GutterStars View Post
    Manuel
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	manuel.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	15.9 KB 
ID:	29580

Glad someone noticed it :P
    I laugh everytime I read it on a For Sale advert

WTAC 2017 is the Dream

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Gsp is not oem for honda lol
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Moar pix!!