Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks for all your help guys. I'm starting to get my head around the air flow pathways. Adjusting the idle screw fixed it but I can tell it's just a band aid and still feels rough. Been reading a lot of your how-to guides, Beeza. Wealth of knowledge thanks man. Is it really worth shelling out $200 for icav? Was hoping to try and "refurb" mine :P will keep you posted

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by YeahByuddy View Post
    what state? if nsw go and see BYP racing,theyre honda gurus
    Hahahahahaha worst advice
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Cheers man,a few guys on here remember me when I was a noob not too long ago,so ya gotta commit ya self to get anywhere with cars.
    200 is way exxy for just an iacv,I would personally put up a wtb thread on here and hopefully somebody has.

Have u tried taking the iacv off and opening up the gap with say a screw driver?just a tad,not too much.

I have found they get a bit stuck.they can also become loose or stuck completely open.

I haven't read into it but there's a magnet in there plus the sensor which together regulate the air gap for idle (iacv).

With the gap opened a tad,u can then turn the idle screw back.

The idle/air screw is just air.not like the old carbys that has an air/fuel mixture screw.if ya touched that thinking it was the air screw,...good luck getting it right again.yeah,so don't be afraid to play with that whenever you want.

Keep us posted.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    What's up with byp dave? I'm not down with the what's goin on but benny was only ever a champ with me.

Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    Cheers man,a few guys on here remember me when I was a noob not too long ago,so ya gotta commit ya self to get anywhere with cars.
    200 is way exxy for just an iacv,I would personally put up a wtb thread on here and hopefully somebody has.

Have u tried taking the iacv off and opening up the gap with say a screw driver?just a tad,not too much.

I have found they get a bit stuck.they can also become loose or stuck completely open.

I haven't read into it but there's a magnet in there plus the sensor which together regulate the air gap for idle (iacv).

With the gap opened a tad,u can then turn the idle screw back.

The idle/air screw is just air.not like the old carbys that has an air/fuel mixture screw.if ya touched that thinking it was the air screw,...good luck getting it right again.yeah,so don't be afraid to play with that whenever you want.

Keep us posted.
    All good. I marked it with paint before I messed with it :P Will put up a WTB, thanks again.