Thread: 06 DC5 Type S

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 TEG Type S

06 DC5 Type S

So I just bought a Honda Integra DC5 Type S and am quite new to the Honda scene. There are a few issues with the car but the biggest one is probably the condensation in the rear lights.

Anyone know if I should just buy a new one or try to fix it because there's water and some sort of fungi in it?

Cheers,
    Jazon

Member Array
    Car:
    kswap fn2
    i would reccomend pming evokilla he does own edward lee's imports

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazon View Post
    So I just bought a Honda Integra DC5 Type S and am quite new to the Honda scene. There are a few issues with the car but the biggest one is probably the condensation in the rear lights.

Anyone know if I should just buy a new one or try to fix it because there's water and some sort of fungi in it?

Cheers,
    Jazon

You need to replace the rear light gaskets to stop this from happening.

A month+ late, but here's a tutorial on tail light gasket replacement. http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=549910

Removing the rear bumper is totally not necessary if you can reach the two screws at the bottom of first post.

The explanation is the original factory gaskets were weak. Honda released a breakpoint revised part not too long after where one side of the gasket has adhesive.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 TEG Type S
    Thanks for your help guys!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Dc2
    awaiting pm ;3