Thread: Tyre Pressure

Tyre Pressure

Hey guys, i have a civic 2007 vti and i upgraded my wheels/tyres from 15" ones to the stock 2010 17" alloys and they came with continental mc5 tyres (215x45 i think). I'm not sure what to inflate the tyres to as i think the manual gives instructions for the stock size.

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Tyres should not be under inflated or over inflated to avoid bad fuel consumption or uneven tyre wear.
    The normal recommended pressure is 32 psi but it's safe to do it from 30 to 40 psi depending on your ride preference (comfort vs fuel efficiency).

Hi Mate, I have the same setup. A 2009 Civic with Civic Sport wheels with 215/45 17 tyres and I run 38 or 40 psi.
    Both times I have purchased new tyres the tyre guys have told me to run those pressures.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by ClintonL View Post
    Hey guys, i have a civic 2007 vti and i upgraded my wheels/tyres from 15" ones to the stock 2010 17" alloys and they came with continental mc5 tyres (215x45 i think). I'm not sure what to inflate the tyres to as i think the manual gives instructions for the stock size.

Cheers
    Is there a significant drop in ride comfort with the 2 inch increase in wheel size?

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla Spec S
    sidewall of the tyre usually has information on pressure
    peteju captures, like us on facebook..

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by lilthug View Post
    sidewall of the tyre usually has information on pressure
    usually max weight @ xxx psi

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2009 FD1 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin77 View Post
    Is there a significant drop in ride comfort with the 2 inch increase in wheel size?
    Massive. I will downgrade to 15" when my current tyres wear out.