Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro

[CL9] Accord Euro CL9 auto gearbox shuddering at low speeds

Hi, I'm new to the forum and I apologise if this question has been asked before.

I have a 2005 Accord Euro which I bought 6 months ago. It has 135,000 kms.

I have noticed that at low revs in slow moving traffic that the car shudders with what seems like a lack of drive. I think that this happens in 3rd and 4th gears when I gently press the throttle. When I press it harder, it cuts down a gear and is not a problem. When I put it in manual, it doesn't seem to be an issue.

The oil level and quality and level in the gearbox seem fine.

Has anybody else encountered this? I'd appreciate any insight.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Can you confirm that the oil has been changed recently (log book recommend to change at 120k km).
    If you follow this forum, Fredoops started a helpful thread regarding auto transmission where it is recommended to be changed every 30k km with the first being 3x drain and refill (if the oil has not followed the 30k km servicing). The in line oil filter often gets forgotten also.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Can you confirm that the oil has been changed recently (log book recommend to change at 120k km).
    If you follow this forum, Fredoops started a helpful thread regarding auto transmission where it is recommended to be changed every 30k km with the first being 3x drain and refill (if the oil has not followed the 30k km servicing). The in line oil filter often gets forgotten also.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    For auto transmission fluid, I'd change every 2 years / 30000 km. The transmissions are good, but things go really wrong when the fluid has been left in there for a long long time.

I had a CD4 where we ran it to 180000 km on the original auto transmission fluid. At that time, the gearbox gave up and did not want to shift into 2nd gear. Had to rebuild, which was not cheap.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Thanks for your help. I hope it's not serious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk