Hi guys, this RVF400 is testing my patience!
Symptom is : I can start the bike IF I take out all spark plugs, clean them (correct 0.6mm gap) and make sure the cylinders are clear of fuel (by blowing compressed air down and into teh cylinders for a while until there is no fuel smell).
The bike then fires straight up. If i turn the bike off and go to start it the next day, it floods? I used full choke and no throttle....flooded. I cant then put on full throttle and no choke and clear the cylinders. If i leave the bike for a day or two or even three days, still nothing. Removing the plugs will show all wet plugs (wet and slightly black).
The whole process continues with removing all 4 plugs and cleaning and drying the combustion areas (i can get by with leaving the plugs out for a day and then it will also work).
If i clean the 4 plugs and don't clear the chambers of even minor excess fuel, it wont start. If i continue trying to start the bike, there is backfire from the exhaust.
The carburetors are all cleaned with a complete dismantle and overhaul and all floats were checked.

Any suggestions?
I was wondering if i could turn the fuel tap off and let it run out of fuel and that would reduce teh chance of flooding? I know then the carbies would be empty and would need re-priming but that mayu be faster than removing all 4 plugs every time (for those of you who have taken the front plugs out, the damn radiator is a nightmare to get past).

Bike starts and idles well (when it can start). If it is warm and has been started, it will start easily. If it is left about 12 hours, it can be hard to start.
I tried 1/2 choke, 3/4 choke etc and no luck especially when flooded .

Could there be a valve clearance problem? If so, would this affect the idling as that appears normal.
I could try turning off the fuel tap when it sits overnight and see what happens ( i don't think that the fuel is overflowing from the carbies though)?

Many thanks in advance.