Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro Luxury 09 Auto

Replacement bass speakers + A pillar trim

Hey guys

my 09 CU2 euro has a blown left speaker

its actually the third speaker thats blown since i got the car. the first was the same one. The second was the driver side.
    Both time it was bass

and before you ask, no i only have it set to +3 in the settings for bass and dont pump it up higher than 13vol

Basically i THINK its the passenger side bass speaker because i hear weird fart noise/distortion when there is bass pumping

it just went out of warranty so was just wondering whats the cheapest and easiest way to replace it and what kind of speaker to look for cause i got no clue about audio

On another note. The exterior trim on the driver side A pillar has popped out. i have no idea how, i just noticed it recently. it wont go back in. Maybe someone tried to rip it off to stick a coat hanger in?
    Is there a way to lock it back in place?

Thanks
    ホンダ・アコード ・ユーロ

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    I do not have a CU2 so my knowledge is very limited.
    I believe the cu2 has a tweeter, midrange driver (on the front doors and rear shelf) and also a subwoofer.
    If a lot of bass came out of the midrange driver, is it possible that the subwoofer signal was sent to the mid range driver? Maybe good to check the setting on the audio console.
    Previously, did you replace the blown mid range driver with original Honda speaker? I m thinking whether a more sensitive speaker like Polk audio db651 would be better, but I'm not to sure on the crossover configuration of this mid range driver with the tweeter on the dash. They are usually designed (crossover) as a pair (midrange and tweeter).

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    It seems like a bad batch of speakers for the 2009 accord. Maybe ask if they would replace it for free.
    http://hondakarma.com/threads/8th-ge...10/live?page=1
    Last edited by Martin77; 19-06-2016 at 04:35 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro Luxury 09 Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin77 View Post
    It seems like a bad batch of speakers for the 2009 accord. Maybe ask if they would replace it for free.
    http://hondakarma.com/threads/8th-ge...10/live?page=1
    thanks bud

explains why i had to get them changed 3 times

Any idea if they will still fix it outside of warranty?
    ホンダ・アコード ・ユーロ

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Exterior A trim should be fixed via recall
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    just use bluetak for the A pillar trim.
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by furythree View Post
    thanks bud

explains why i had to get them changed 3 times

Any idea if they will still fix it outside of warranty?
    You should see them and have a chat. They probably won't do it for free but should give you a discount.
    If Jasemas is right, the A pillar should be fixed for free.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    ... why not upgrade the speakers when you get this chance

those OEM Panasonic are kinda rubbish anyway
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    ... why not upgrade the speakers when you get this chance

those OEM Panasonic are kinda rubbish anyway
    Fredoops is right, if you need to pay for the replacement, it's a good idea to think about an upgrade (if you like your music).
    From what I learnt, if you don't want to install an amp, you need to look for speakers with high sensitivity (92db/W). One brand I used for my other car (lancer) is Polk audio db651 and will cost approx $120 for a pair. I'm not sure of the fit (depth?) to the cl9 though?

Furythree - long time no see. Where all the CU2 owners at these days?

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro Luxury 09 Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by I CU2 View Post
    Furythree - long time no see. Where all the CU2 owners at these days?
    lol its been a while

other than engine mods i think im done with modding this car so havent needed help in a while

Next car will have to be a honda odyssey if you catch my drift

Quote Originally Posted by Martin77 View Post
    Fredoops is right, if you need to pay for the replacement, it's a good idea to think about an upgrade (if you like your music).
    From what I learnt, if you don't want to install an amp, you need to look for speakers with high sensitivity (92db/W). One brand I used for my other car (lancer) is Polk audio db651 and will cost approx $120 for a pair. I'm not sure of the fit (depth?) to the cl9 though?
    Ill have to ask them if its free or not. I really want to avoid having to do research on speakers and spend 2 hrs pulling apart my door trim to wire some speakers in, so rather just turn the bass down :P

regarding the A pillar exterior trim, whats the reason they would fix it for free? its out of warranty....

Im going to have to take it in anyway for that airbag recall, ill ask them then
    ホンダ・アコード ・ユーロ