Turbo mini me swap blowing white smoke

Hi all,

Recently aquired a mini me swapped eg civic with a turbo on it. After pulling the thing apart to see what needed to be fixed i have come across a couple of issues.

I have just re done: rocker cover gasket, sump gasket, turbo drain line re welded onto sump properly, new dump gaskets, new turbo exhaust bolts.

Doing all of this fixed alot of the leaks, after putting it all back together i have noticed an oil leak just around the cam gear (suspected cam seal being stuffed)

The issue is, the car blows white smoke on boost and decel. At idle it is fine and no smoke. The car hasnt been tuned yet as i have been fixing up anything that isnt right.

Could the white smoke be from the leaking cam seal? Or from running super rich and not being tuned (hondata s300 with base map and 450cc injectors) i was told it had a recoed head, new head gasket etc when the swap was done (i can see the new gasket)

Any ideas on my issue?

What's the route of your PCV system ? If using standard , the valve might be old / worn and opening under load (when it's supposed to be closing) Consider an aftermarket option for boosting too such as a baffled oil catch can etc

Pcv system is a tiny filter on the rocker cover...... aaand just double checked, the pcv valve has a vacume hose runing off it with a screw in the end! I am going to have to sort that out ASAP! Should i replace the valve with a new one? I read that boosted honda motors need a better release system then factory.

Update: removed the screw that was blocking the line to the pcv valve, and no more smoke!!!

I will be putting in a brand new oem pcv valve just to be safe. Cheers for the help.

great work good to see it worked out

It was a massive relief when the smoke stopped. The new cam seal has arrived so this week will be spent putting that in and a new front seal, then order proper denso injector plugs and she will be ready for a dyno tune!!! : )