Thread: Oil changes

Oil changes

What's the manufacturer schedule for engine oil changes for the 3.0l v6 ?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Every 10k km or 6month.

That's using the old school mineral oil. You can probably do longer drains with semi or full synthetic.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Thanks for that.
    Yes I've been using full synth Penrite

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Then you could extend the drain to even 12k km / 12 mth interval they should be fine. Not much to worry abou there. Just change filter every time.

The auto tranny on the other hand...
    Last edited by Fredoops; 02-07-2016 at 10:19 AM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Then you could extend the drain to even 12k km / 12 mth interval they should be fine. Not much to worry abou there. Just change filter every time.

The auto tranny on the other hand...
    SCA have Penrite on special today and tomorrow(30% off). I picked up 5 litres HPR-5 full synth for $44.

I think the Honda manual calls for transmission change at 30,000km. Correct me if I'm wrong. I only use genuine Honda there and will be changing somewhere between 10 and 15,000 Ks