Dimensions of Civic GLI calipers

Hey guys,

Doing a DC2R brake conversion on my civic - will be using slotted rotors redrilled 4x100, not the 5 stud DC2R conversion.

My main dilemma at the moment is whether or not the calipers will fit behind my current wheels (og sans axis 15x8 +25 offset I think these have a 3 inch lip/dish).

Unfortunately I do not do any of the work on my car myself (as I don't know how to), so I do not have a hydro jack at home and can''t take the wheel off to measure.

Does anybody know what the exact dimensions of a 97 civic GLI caliper (front) are? Upon visible inspection of the wheel the caliper seems to sit quite snug but not entirely sure how much clearance there is between the caliper and wheel. Tossing up whether or not I need to purchase new wheels and would preferably like to know before I go rather than find out on the day as my mechanic lives a while away and I need to plan a day's work whenever I go up (due to distance), would prefer not to find out I can't when I get up there.

Or if anyone knows if it will fit with the wheels I have off the top of their head? Will be using a 3 or 4mm rotor spacer to get the caliper on the rotor without having to machine it.

Thanks in advance

Better option is mini cooper (non S) front rotors. No need to redrill the rotors and offset is spot on. Should fit with most 15" rims.
    The dc2r calipers will sit 10mm further out (radially) than the gli ones. Other dimensions are pretty comparable. If you have a radial clearance less than 13mm (to leave a 3mm margin for safety ) then the dc2r calipers won't fit.

More importantly - why are you doing this? Are you running out of brakes? Do you track the car regularly? The stock 262mm front brakes are fine for the street with decent pads (my EG6 Rally car has run stock brakes for 20 years and never run out of brakes ).

Save some money and buy some tools and a jack / stands instead of a bling brake kit. Then start learning how to work on your own car. Will save you in the long term.

Good info above.

There is a thread on here about the Mini Cooper 280mm front rotor upgrade with dc2r calipers. It has all the details with part numbers etc and pics of clearance. You'll find the same info copied from various honda forums if you google it.

For reference the calipers fit under stock honda 15" rims so you shouldn't have too much problems.

Just note the upgrade is quite a bit heavier than the 262mm rotor setup. Just something to consider....

Hey guys

Thanks for the input

The dc2r set up has already been purchased so I won't be changing to the mini cooper rotors although I did consider it

This came as a complete package so im happy going ahead as such

The car will be a track car so yeah I do want extra stopping power I am also looking to eventually turbo so I would want reliable brakes

Thanks for the numbers above I will have to do some measuring to see what fitment will look like

And I completely agree once I'm finished with what I'm doing tools will be on the list would love to learn to work on my own car

Also could you elaborate on what you mean by "radially". Just 10mm bigger each side or?

Thanks
    Last edited by ekR; 03-07-2016 at 11:44 PM.