Thread: Need help

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 97 Hatch

Need help

Need some help finding a distributor seal for Civic 97 Hatch cxi EK1 -1.6L SOHC. Local Honda dealer doesn't have one on its data base? Have tried Bursons, Repco , Autoone and all the same results...is this the missing link?? Also chasing inner seal for crank shaft (timing). Any thoughts, knowledge of where I could get these after market seals? Based in Cairns NQ.

Member Array
    Car:
    kswap fn2
    Tried wreckers?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 97 Hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by fn2au View Post
    Tried wreckers?
    Haven't as yet, do they sell after markets parts?

Do you mean the external shaft seal ?
    Last D series dizzy I had rebuilt we reused another shaft off another spare dizzy as Honda doesn't actually sell it seperately.
    You could get a new aftermarket unit from eBay US for a fairly cheap price or even pop the old seals off and take the part into a bearing shop and find something compatible ( external and internal diameters and also pitch etc)

Member Array
    Car:
    kswap fn2
    Quote Originally Posted by Will-Honda View Post
    Haven't as yet, do they sell after markets parts?
    Go to some local wreckers, I see many Hondas there.

I just got my cam seal from ebay (it was a melbourne based shop) the kit has a cam seal and a front seal $30 odd delivered. I just typed in the d16z6 cam seal and alot came up. Some looked very dodge so look around.