Thread: HRV key fob

HRV key fob

Folks, my first post here so hello.
    Straight to my problem. My wife and I have a 2015 HRV that we bought in November last year. Love the car, however I managed to lose my set of keys, so it only leaves 1 set. If something happens to them we're stuffed. I got the shock of my life when I rang the dealer to enquire about getting a replacement key, $440 for the key and $132 to program it. $572 for a key, they're having a laugh. So anyway I found this one for sale on ebay. It's from the USA so I'm wondering if it will work for an Australian model HRV. I rang Honda Australia but they played dumb. Does anyone have a clue if it is compatible or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    drop a PM to sensei_ or ECU-MAN and they'll be able to advise

Willing to bet no because it's american

Nobody's been able to replicate Honda remotes unfortuantely
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Yup. Those american ones arent going to work. If you have a VIN, i might be able to get you part numbers.

As curtis mentioned, no one has been able to replicate the key fobs. To be honest $440 for the key is actually reasonable if they include the actual door key as well.
    Last edited by sensei_; 13-07-2016 at 10:22 AM.