Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 accord euro

cl9 clutch option

hi guys im about doing my clutch change.i have an ep3 flywheel sitting in my garage.so my question is should i get a k24 clutch and machine the ep3 flywheel,or get a k20 clutch to match the ep3 flywheel.if i get a k20 clutch do i have to machine the flywheel.

Member Array
    Car:
    VTiR/CL9
    Double the mechanic if you need to machine it just incase of the condition...i have a exedy HD clutch new for sale if you want..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 accord euro
    but will an ep3 flywheel match k24 clutch

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    No, you need a K20A clutch to match your EP3 flywheel. The diameter of the friction surface is different. I am running a K20A flywheel in my CL9 and needed to use a K20A clutch. My stock K24A clutch was a different size.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 accord euro
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    No, you need a K20A clutch to match your EP3 flywheel. The diameter of the friction surface is different. I am running a K20A flywheel in my CL9 and needed to use a K20A clutch. My stock K24A clutch was a different size.

thanks man,thats what i want to confirm.so is there any different between ep3 and itr clutch,coz they are both k20a.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE-E...kAAOSwkNZUimBK

is this the right one?
    Last edited by uttcl9; 16-07-2016 at 10:25 PM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by uttcl9 View Post
    thanks man,thats what i want to confirm.so is there any different between ep3 and itr clutch,coz they are both k20a.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE-E...kAAOSwkNZUimBK

is this the right one?
    The clutch and flywheel size is dictated by the engine and transmission, not the car. So K20A's of the same period fitted onto DC5R, EP3R and CL7 (EuroR) use the same sized clutch and flywheel. The one in your ebay link fits the K20A and will fit your EP3 flywheel.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2