Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 CL9 Lux 6sp

CL9 Euro Lux Sunroof

Hey guys, got a pretty annoying whistling sound when I drive over about 70kph, have narrowed it down to either the sunroof seal or front windscreen seal. Has anyone else had this issue, and if so where did you go in Perth to get the sunroof seal fixed? Pretty handy on cars but think that job might be a little out of my skill range

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Is this something that just happened?
    Do you use the sunroof frequently?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 CL9 Lux 6sp
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin77 View Post
    Is this something that just happened?
    Do you use the sunroof frequently?
    I have had the car 3 months now, has done it the whole time I've had it. I use the sunroof most days, more just tilted up not so much drawn open though. I found a sunroof guy down the road from my work, he told me the seals seem ok but are most likely the issues as they are there to prevent air noise more so than to keep water out. He looked into it for me, and you can't buy just the seal you have to buy the glass and seal in one unit, which costs $1500 fitted.

Long story short, will just crank the stereo a little louder

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghaal View Post
    I have had the car 3 months now, has done it the whole time I've had it. I use the sunroof most days, more just tilted up not so much drawn open though. I found a sunroof guy down the road from my work, he told me the seals seem ok but are most likely the issues as they are there to prevent air noise more so than to keep water out. He looked into it for me, and you can't buy just the seal you have to buy the glass and seal in one unit, which costs $1500 fitted.

Long story short, will just crank the stereo a little louder
    Spray a bit of silicone spray on a cloth and rub it all the way round the main rubber seal.Should fix your squeaking noise

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 CL9 Lux 6sp
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    Spray a bit of silicone spray on a cloth and rub it all the way round the main rubber seal.Should fix your squeaking noise
    Thanks mate, I will try that tonight