Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Quote Originally Posted by brad1.8tsi View Post
    Yes, I've been doing inlet cleaning with water for years. If you own VW group cars with direct injection it's an essential bit of maintenance.

I use a mix of 2 parts water, 1 part degreaser and 1 part mineral turps and make up about 2 litres of cleaner. I inject it using a garden sprayer so that it is pre-atomised.

In the 80s i used to run Injectronic water injection on my Falcon & Capri
    Ah sweet,interesting.

Sounds like you have been playing with cars for a while . What was the water injection like? just water yeah?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    I have no idea why the photo isn't working. Photobucket folder is set to public. The photo shows on my screen (but it would). I'll try again later if someone also has problems
    I can see the photo fine,

My Skoda is 2007 - the feature difference is considerable given they are only 3yrs apart and the Skoda was 30% less ($30k). The cultural differences in what Japanese builders think important & Germans / Czech think important are quite interesting.
    The european version of the same accord had Radar cruise control and crap like that from back in 2005/06.

Honda didnt have it here to cut costs and maximize profit margin.

Overfill the PS reservoir? Got a link as to how much?
    Just a tiny bit, like 1 to 2cm. Something to do with cavitation of oem pump under pressure or something.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 18-08-2016 at 11:57 PM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

I don't intend buying OEM. On Aliexpress if you search by OEM number it's easier to find a good knock-off. :-)

I was actually thinking of buying some fish tank foam filter and fitting that. About $5 and washable.
    just saw that cabin filter and it reminded me that mine is overdue.

anyone heard of these folks?

http://cabinairfilters.com.au/

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by kryptonite View Post

No but on the surface of it, 3 layer carbon filter, sounds pretty good.
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by kryptonite View Post

They all work the same, since the Euro's A/C system is not rated to run high efficiency filters such as HEPA.

The ones in the link will filter out your usual dust, pollen, bees etc, and the activated carbon will adsorb some odours as well. The filtration part will last the 2 year changeout life, but the activated carbon will probably be saturated well before then. Give it a go.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Prelude VTi-R ATTS
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    They all work the same, since the Euro's A/C system is not rated to run high efficiency filters such as HEPA.

The ones in the link will filter out your usual dust, pollen, bees etc, and the activated carbon will adsorb some odours as well. The filtration part will last the 2 year changeout life, but the activated carbon will probably be saturated well before then. Give it a go.
    Could always try: https://www.blitz.co.jp/products/acf...dacfilter.html
    Uses a photo-catalyst instead of activated carbon. In theory, just wash and hang up in the sun to dry and it's good to go again.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    Ah sweet,interesting.

Sounds like you have been playing with cars for a while . What was the water injection like? just water yeah?
    Did a mechanics apprenticeship in the early '80s. Stayed with it for a while and then realised it was killing my love of cars so I went and did something else. It took about 10 years before I became "enthused" again.

Water injection was mainly water but I'd pour some metho in every now & then. It was fantastic on a manual 3.6L XT Falcon I had. You could run triple the timing and fuel economy was amazing an 10L/100km (it had a multi-spark ignition, 350 Holley & extractors as well).

Stupidly sold it and bought a 1600 Capri. Water injection did almost nothing (nor did extractors or anything else).

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Re the cabin filter.

Paid $5 off AliExpress. Still waiting - glad I'm not in a hurry.

Was thinking about using open cell foam like they use in fish tank filters - you could wash that whenever you felt like it.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Hmm,I see.All makes sense to me. Water/meth injection I also thought wouldn't do much on my honda,more a big hp mod.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Hmm,I see.All makes sense to me. Water/meth injection I also thought wouldn't do much on my honda,more a big hp mod.
    Not much on a stock motor.

But. There's a supercharged euro in Darwin that uses method injection.

Also controled water injection is a very good cylinder cleaner.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Good for turbo / supercharged engines as it reduces intake temps. I'd love it on my Octavia.

It would work on the Honda provided you could access timing and fuel maps.

The Falcon ran quite lean due to the extractors and the way I had it jetted. I also had the spark plugs gapped to 1.5mm which was unheard of back then (MSD6a ignition helped a lot).

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    I had the msd system on the honda for a few years,I semi miss that...and had the spark plug gaps at 1.5mm too . Obviously meant for bigger set ups but I loved the smoothness it would give you.