Hi
My daughter just inherited a 2004 Accord Euro Lux Auto off her grandfather.

It has a few issues that are probably related to lack of maintenance - the service book has no record of anything done beyond the basic engine oil & filter service.

I'll run through my list and what I think needs doing. I'm happy to get any suggestions on what else to do and any other preventive maintenance tasks or known wear items, etc.

1) Auto transmission judders & jerks on light throttle openings - particularly when cold.
The level is at the lower end of the dipstick and the oil doesn't look great. I assume it's never been changed.
My fix: I've purchased 8L of Penrite full synth LV ATF. I'll dump the oil and also blow out the cooler & try and do an 8L flush-through with the engine running.

I figure change the lousy little filter on top of the gearbox too. It doesn't look anything special - anyone pulled one apart?
Anyone tried one of these eBay replacements from China for $15?

2) The steering loads and unloads when going through corners.
3) The steering is quite heavy at parking speeds but comes good once moving above 20kph - is this normal?
The tyres are relatively new (changed last year) Toyo C100 and an alignment was done at the time although there's no guarantee Dad hasn't belted a kerb in the meantime. I put 36psi in them which is better than the 26psi Dad liked to run (he had a 1997 Accord Seppo V6 before the Euro and always regretted the change).
I'm thinking it's fluid again and have bought 1L of Penrite HSPO.
I haven't checked the front or rear suspension - is there anything that is likely to be worn by now?

4) Brake pedal - long travel and not progressive (compared to a VW pedal which are over-boosted).
I'm hoping it's just 12yo brake fluid and have 1L of Nulon Dot4 to put through it.

5) Mild vibration at idle through steering wheel (same as my wife's 2015 Honda Odyssey).
I'm used to a 2007 Octavia 1.8tsi which is clockwork smooth at idle. Is a slight vibration through the steering wheel normal on these engines?

I've filled it with 95ron and some injector cleaner. Based on past practices, I can almost guarantee that Dad used mainly ULP or ULP E10 with a tank of 95 every birthday & Xmas. (He did the same with his Liberty RX and it was a slug when I bought it off him - never came good).

Does 98ron have any noticeable effect on these engines (beside the extra detergent / cleaners)?

Spark plugs look like originals and the gap was about 1.3mm, so I've knocked it down to a loose 0.040" (just over 1.0mm) as a temporary fix. Am I better off spending $15 each on the NGK Iridiums or $7.50 each on NGK coppers (ZFR6K-11) and change every 20,000km?

Air filter looks dirty. I'll swap it out.
Anyone used Wesfil or the no-name stuff from Direct Auto Spares on eBay?

Fuel Filter is in the fuel tank? That would be due by now?

I'm not even game to look at the cabin filter :-(

Is there some way of converting the lights so that they switch off with the ignition? I haven't had to switch headlights on and off for years.

Anything else I need to think about?

Thanks in advance