Hi Mate

I have read articles about complaints of excessive oil consumption in earlier CU2's - I don't believe it's uncommon.

There's a thread dedicated to it, if you haven't read it already: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...sumption/page5

In the US, CU2's are branded under Honda's luxury arm Acura where they're sold as the TSX. Like Australian delivered CU2's, they're manufactured in Japan and use the K24 engine. In the US, Acura recommends 0w-20 oil. Personally I feel that's a bit thin, but it might explain why google turns up a heap of oil consumption threads on that model.

From what I understand your consumption is within normal tolerances (according to Honda Australia), but most people will agree it's abnormal and therefore excessive. 140k isn't a lot. What's the service history like? Do you know what sort of oil you're running?

As Martin77 has suggested, I'd start with a higher viscosity oil like a 5w-40 or a 10w-40 to see if it makes a difference - I wouldn't recommend anything more than a 40 weight, I think 50 would be too thick for that engine. Find something at least semi-synthetic, but full synthetic would be better.

I don't have any experience with the oil additives - I did a bit of research and they seem to be marketed as a product that reduces friction and engine wear. Sounds alright if it works, but you can buy oils designed to slow oil consumption. They're usually your "higher mileage" formulas and can be found in any auto store. Careful of the weight though. Mobil does one in multiple grades - 5w-20, 5w30, 10w30 and 10w40. Again, I'd stick with the latter but wouldn't go any thicker.

If that doesn't fix it and it still bothers you, unfortunately as Fredoops suggested, you'd be looking at a rebuild which would be quite expensive. Might be cheaper to pick up a newer, low km engine from a wrecker. These cars were built up to 2015 so that'll work in your favour.

Yell out if you have any more questions, otherwise good luck and keep us posted.