Hi guys,

In a huge dilemma - have recently purchased a set of 4x100 282mm rotors with the kit to go for a dc2r front brake upgrade for my civic, but am not sure about clearance on my wheels.

Currently I am running OG Sans Axis 15x8 +25 offset 4x100 - these wheels have a 3 inch dish (unfortunately I got them with the car so no real say in it).

I have a set of DC2R calipers I'm going to install on the new 282mm rotors, which will be spaced with a 3mm rotor spacer.

At the current stage, my current, stock standard calipers seem to have about 2 or 3mm max clearance between the closest point to the wheel and the wheel itself. Currently trying to get ready for a track day and am on a bit of a budget and am well behind on work that needs to be done so I am really trying to avoid needing to buy new wheels - I've also recently just had them wrapped with new federal rsr semi slicks so if I can avoid needing to sell them I'd really prefer to.

My main question is - 1 - is there anyone on here who has actually done the conversion with these wheels, and did they bump into any troubles - and 2 - does anybody here know the exact dimensions of the standard EK1 GLI caliper vs DC2R 98' spec front calipers. I would be happy to use a 5mm spacer if required, but would prefer not to as my wheels will poke outside the guards if they space - currently pretty much perfectly in line with the guard and I'd prefer to keep it that way. If I can get it to work with the spacer I'll get it.

Does anybody know if the DC2R calipers in general are bigger than stock standard GLI civics? Visually they do not look a whole lot bigger.

Thanks for the help.