Hey I was just wondering what type of figures everyone else was getting on the dyno with the H22A

Engine mods etc-
    JDM H22A
    high flow cat
    2.5" exhaust
    unichip

The result on the dyno was 112kw/150hp atw

what do u reckon.. crap or good?

not bad at all man, i made 119kws at the wheels, but i had a tanabe full exhaust from memory man (includes extractors collectors and cat)

yeah I was thinkin of getting extractors.. would the figure go up much with them?

depending on the collector sizing and design man, but my tanabes probably gained about 7 kws max at the wheels in certain rpms, a good length tuned 4to1 wont lose bottom end power unless its oversized for ur application.

Make sure that when u do get one, that its correctly sized and length tuned, that will give maximum gains man, also be aware that each dyno is different, i saw 5 kws at the wheels on a certain dyno from changing my pod filter! bullocks my bum dyno didnt feel no 5 kws, but on anotehr dyno, the extractors only netted me 2 kws gain across teh board, but i felt that much more than the pod filter...

I was equipped by Mugen Array
    Car:
    Lexus Soarer V8 GTLimited
    You cant say 150HP @ wheels is good or bad because you have nothing to compare it against. i.e. before or after mods etc. Hence the purpose of the dyno.

My mate got 160HP@ wheels with a stock Type R Integra. (weaker engine)

All dynos are different and give different readings.

Honda resource for enthusiasts with all the latest news from Honda, downloads, media, photo albums, technical information and lots more!

Yeah I suppose.. I was just interested in other H22A dyno results to get some sort of comparison

Member Array
    Car:
    450kwCRX-DC2R-CBR600rr
    I tuned a gen 4 lude last week with h22a type S engine exhaust / headers / intake to 127kw a very very inpresive tune and car ! Using Hondata of Corse in Sydney.

Regards James

I was equipped by Mugen Array
    Car:
    Lexus Soarer V8 GTLimited
    James, when can you tune my civic ?

Honda resource for enthusiasts with all the latest news from Honda, downloads, media, photo albums, technical information and lots more!

you cant gain much comparison on dynos unless everyone gets their graphs SAE corrected, however there will still be small inaccuracies.

When you SAE correct everything you will gain a much better understanding when comparing cars and mods.
    --------------------------------------

NA all the way, turbos are ghey.

Member Array
    Car:
    450kwCRX-DC2R-CBR600rr
    SAE corrected is called shootout mode on dyno dynamic dynos ! which standardises results across the world !!all my tuning is always done on shootout mode now a days.

Regards James

Moderator Array
    Car:
    BB2
    Quote Originally Posted by BLKCRX
    I tuned a gen 4 lude last week with h22a type S engine exhaust / headers / intake to 127kw a very very inpresive tune and car ! Using Hondata of Corse in Sydney.

Regards James
    It was a JDM h22a with the higher CR, but not a Type S...
    Still impressive though - baseline was 117kw.

-az

hmmmm... looks like I have a bit more work to do then.. :roll: