Newcomer Array
    Car:
    none

Question Car vibrations, possibly diagnosed, unknown parts, need expertise advice...

Hey guys,

For some time my 04' Honda CRV has had some sort of vibration whist driving.. primarily more noticeable during acceleration. As to rule out the possibility of wheel balancing issue, I booked it into a local tyre place, and mentioned I was trying to diagnose this issue. Super nice guys helped me out and took it for a test drive then lifted to inspect before doing the wheel allignment/balance (didnt charge for the diagnose either ). The guy who test drove it certainly noticed the vibration, inspected and told me (and showed me) what the likely issue was.

1st there was the Dynamic Dampener for the rear Differential, it was a cylinder shape that was loose and handing by a pinch of rubber.

2nd, there was (I can't recall the exact name, hoping you guys can help me out here), some kind of mounting bushing (pick below) which can a split.

Apparently these parts were worn.

Dynamic Dampener for the rear Differential

some kind of mounting bushing

There was another part, I think its the Rear Differential Mount, cant remember if he said it need replacing or not, but I noticed a tiny splt in it.. probably best to replace ?

I'm having trouble identifying the name of these parts.. can anyone help ?

Also, besides a HONDA dealer, where else might I find replacement parts or kits?

I got a quote for $559 parts (parts from HONDA) and labor.. but if I can get the parts cheaper, dont think it'll be too hard of a job??

Any suggestions would be super..

Regards,
    Last edited by Widget; 26-10-2016 at 02:56 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Even though the crv is just an overgrown civic,it doesn't have those parts so unsure of the name but I would recommend ebay for parts.OEM can be ordered from there usually from the USA at a good price.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Get the part # from those american parts sites with oem diagrams like hondaparts.com oemhondaparts etc etc.

then shop around for best online price,be aware though U.S shipping can be a killer

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    none
    Thanks guys.

Came across http://www.hondapartsoverstock.com/a...9A4B2010D.html on another forum.. looks like they ship to Australia

To double check, do these parts look right?