2012 RB3 Odyssey Lux - Touch Screen problems

Hi all,

As per the title, I've got a 2012 RB3 Lux Odyssey that's currently having issues with its touch screen. So basically the touch screen doesn't register any taps in the top right corner of the screen area, which is a problem because that is where the "SOURCE" button is on the Bluetooth option to allow me to change which devices/mobile phones I want to point the bluetooth source from.

I had the same issue earlier this year/late last year when the car was just 1 month out of the new car warranty and Honda was still willing to replace the unit free of charge (otherwise it was something ridiculous of up to $10k to replace just the factory headunit) and all is well until now when the issue recurred with the supposed new unit.

I've gone through the options and unfortunately the unit doesn't allow you to recalibrate the touch screen functions yourself so I was wondering if this is possible to do by the dealer or if its not, and I don't think it would be a calibration issue anyway since tapping elsewhere on the unit is fine, would/should Honda cover the head unit on a separate warranty term outside of the new car warranty?

Thanks

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    RX450h / RB3
    just change with an after market one, it's much better than the Honda one, especially the HONDA SatNav looks so old the graphic, see the link what I did with mine

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...d-DVD-Headrest

Quote Originally Posted by aka_NSX View Post
    just change with an after market one, it's much better than the Honda one, especially the HONDA SatNav looks so old the graphic, see the link what I did with mine

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...d-DVD-Headrest
    hey man, yeah I followed your thread back when you started it and am quite impressed with it considering the honda factory one is pretty average like you said but I'm not sure if I'll be keeping this car for much longer so I don't really want to invest in it if unless I have to and was hoping Honda would repair it

I assume the steering wheel controls also work with your aftermarket Kenwood unit? Does it also play video files from USB/sd card?

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    RX450h / RB3
    Quote Originally Posted by NZFD2 View Post
    hey man, yeah I followed your thread back when you started it and am quite impressed with it considering the honda factory one is pretty average like you said but I'm not sure if I'll be keeping this car for much longer so I don't really want to invest in it if unless I have to and was hoping Honda would repair it

I assume the steering wheel controls also work with your aftermarket Kenwood unit? Does it also play video files from USB/sd card?
    yes steering wheel control still working and you don't need to buy anymore module with Kenwood unit, I'm quite sure it can play video file through USB/SD Card but I never tried since I always use my iPod Video, I did one for other Odyssey with DDX-9016DABS it's pretty good unit Car Play and Digital Radio
    Last edited by aka_NSX; 16-12-2016 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aka_NSX View Post
    yes steering wheel control still working and you don't need to buy anymore module with Kenwood unit, I'm quite sure it can play video file through USB/SD Card but I never tried since I always use my iPod Video, I did one for other Odyssey with DDX-9016DABS it's pretty good unit Car Play and Digital Radio
    Thanks man. I'm liking the features of the DDX-9016DABS unit, will shop around for one and hopefully get one at a good price.