ford and now honda

G'day all Brand new member here but, I'm a huge fan of car forums , so much fun , so helpful both ways and a great way to know what everyone's thinking consequently a member of two Ford forums . ...I have two other cars , both Aussie built Ford Falcons , one is an AU ll that I've had since near new and the other is an FG XR6 .. I also owned until very recently a Mitsubishi Magna wagon to cart my border collie and my kelpie around in..She's (Mitsy wagon) finally had the biscuit..Icing on the cake was the brake master cylinder failing.
    Two weeks ago I was driving along the highway when my attention was drawn to a real nice older style Honda Accord circa 1985...
    I got the number , rang the owner that night and organised to have a look at it a few days later.. It's a 1.8 litre , 5 speed manual , manual choke , carby naturally , all original with a genuine 158,000 kms .. Not a squeak , rattle anywhere ..Goes awesome , literally..so much punch AND it goes up Gray Hill which is a steep , solid test for any car in 4th gear as if it was level..Just beaut .. The interior is immaculate , everything works as it should (well almost) and she is rock solid on the road , no vibrations , just terrific.. Paint needs a good wax but otherwise in top nick..
    I fell in love with it immediately.. She cost me $1100..
    May I pick your brains though on two things to see if I'll need to fix soon.
    First one is although the heater works fine , the vent flow from any of them is almost non existent . Would something be blocked or detached ?..The fan motor runs really well but no air flow hot or cold..
    The second thing I heard today..Runs faultlessly , no stuttering at all , terrific pure acceleration but there is a clunky tick every few seconds as she idles and it seems to be coming from the vicinity of the fuel tank..Could it be signs the fuel pump is about to go ?...If so , are they hard to fix ?

A good mate has a 2009 Euro as has my former boss..both love these terrific cars. Through you guys and gals I hope to learn lots about Honda stuff..
    Cheers Rod..
    Last edited by rodzhonda; 13-12-2016 at 03:48 PM.