2008 oddy lux with a starting problem

Hi there

ever since yesterday the Odyssey has had a problem starting, before it always started without issue ( ie instantly almost ) but now it seems to want to crank for a good 3/4 seconds and then splutters into life and is then fine, being Christmas and all my mechanic is away so i was wondering if anyone has had problems of this nature

( yesterday was effin hot 42C and i thought maybe the heat was a issue, but today has been 22 and wet and still a problem, )

thank you all kind people and merry Christmas

regards john

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    It could be couple of things:
    1. Battery and charging system
    Its good to check the condition of the battery. If you are in NSW, you can take your battery to NRMA motorserve and they test it free of charge. It may need charging and they do this for free too. You may need to take the battery out for them though. I know NRMA battery roadside can also test battery drain and also alternator functionality. Be careful with the brand of the alternator if you need to replace it.

2. Starter
    The brushes on the starter motor will wear and cause the starter motor to loose performance. Your mechanics will need to do this for you.

It turns over strongly which is the strange thing. I'll maybe buy a set of plugs and see if that helps

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Did the spark plug replacement fixes it?

Gona do that tonight. Will let you know

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk