Newcomer Array
    Car:
    HR-V 2000

Question 2000 HRV OBDII Port Location??

Long time listener - First time caller

I'm looking to perform upgrades to my 2000 HRV but first I want to know what it's doing now. So I've bought one of those WIFI OBDII dongles and when I went to plug it in I discovered that the holder that houses the diagnostic port on the seppo HRVs is vacant!
    I've looked under the dash and around near the fuse box, behind the lower glove box and near the computer but the mongrel thing is nowhere to be found!
    Does the Aussie HRV not have the diagnostic port?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by HaRVey_Heretic View Post
    Long time listener - First time caller

I'm looking to perform upgrades to my 2000 HRV but first I want to know what it's doing now. So I've bought one of those WIFI OBDII dongles and when I went to plug it in I discovered that the holder that houses the diagnostic port on the seppo HRVs is vacant!
    I've looked under the dash and around near the fuse box, behind the lower glove box and near the computer but the mongrel thing is nowhere to be found!
    Does the Aussie HRV not have the diagnostic port?
    i dont think it was one, it would've been like the CRV of the same time period, no OBD port, only a DLC port that work with Honda dealership/factory scanners only

IN USA there was law making an obd port compulsory, no such thing here in australia.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    HR-V 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    i dont think it was one, it would've been like the CRV of the same time period, no OBD port, only a DLC port that work with Honda dealership/factory scanners only

IN USA there was law making an obd port compulsory, no such thing here in australia.
    Those Bastards!!

Thanks for the info Fredoops
    Don't worry... This'll all be over before you know it...
    You know I'm right

Member Array
    Car:
    Long history
    There is a 6pin to obd2 adapter cable for certain hondas.

However, with my 98 Odyssey (obd2b), i tried this adapter, and it did not work. I was looking into wiring certain ecu wires to a obd2 female plug, but never got around to it - I also vaguely recall that the data protocol was different to the typical obd2 one. Wouldn't surmise me if the HRV is the same deal.

The actual bluetooth dongle thing I successfully have used in my DC5R and my GE8 Jazz (direct connection, didnt need a adapter cable).

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    anything made after MY2001 (when the Kseries came in) have an OBD2 plug as standard, before that... not so much.
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    anything made after MY2001 (when the Kseries came in) have an OBD2 plug as standard, before that... not so much.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    HR-V 2000
    Any idea where the DLC/6 pin plug is??
    You know I'm right

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    HR-V 2000
    Is this what you mean?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	725 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	29989
    You know I'm right

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by HaRVey_Heretic View Post
    Is this what you mean?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	725 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	29989
    yep

5char

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    HR-V 2000
    Any idea where in the HaRVey that plug might be located?
    You know I'm right