Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux

Serpentine Belt Life

Anyone with any thoughts on the average life of the P/S, Water Pump, A/C and Alternator Serpentine Belt on the 2.4L engine?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Haanda View Post
    Anyone with any thoughts on the average life of the P/S, Water Pump, A/C and Alternator Serpentine Belt on the 2.4L engine?
    iirc it's 120k km, or 6 years.

so probably prudent to do it every 5 years 100k km or something.

otherwise theres always a belt stretch indicator on the tension-er you can check yourself.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Thanks Freedops. My A.E isn't anywhere near 100,000, but is over 5 years old.

I put one of the Belt Wear Gauges that one can get free from Gates Belts ( http://www.gates.com/products/automo...elt-wear-gauge ) over the belt in my car and it indicated that the belt was worn.

Changing the belt certainly does not look to be an overly complicated job. (Much easier than in my old SAAB anyway...someone at Honda has put a lot of thought into the design to make it relatively easy) so I think I will change it to be on the safe side.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Yeah chanhe it. It's cheap enough.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars