Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    94 & 06 Accord
    +1 for checking and cleaning all earth leads. In some old cars I installed a battery cable from the negative pole on the battery directly to the starter motor and everything (not just the starter) started working slightly better.
    Current: 2006 i-CTDi Tourer 1994 VTI Accord Wagon

The dash green s light and engine check light only came on once I'm sure it was the speed sensor as the speedo was erratic as well, so I took it out and cleaned the contacts. I've driven it once since I did that and so far no warning dash lights. Only time will tell now if I fixed the problem. If it does it again then I will change the sensor. I still don't know if it's related to the wipers turning on by themselves

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Great job.
    On the wipers, you dont have any sensors (rain) that automatically starts the wiper do you?
    Its a 93 accord yeah?

What Shaddow and Richard mentioned above about the earthing wire is a good suggestion. If it is sus, replace it, its cheap enough.
    On you tube, you may see video clips regarding the "big three" or the "big four", wiring upgrade. While this is a good idea, you don't need to go excessive especially if you don't have a big sound system.

No the wipers don't have sensors. I'm not sure if it's the earth lead you mentioned, but anything is possible. In the meantime I've pulled the wiper fuse out as a short term fix

Hello all. I have 2 questions here. Does anyone know where I can get a small piece of rubber tubing for my 93 Accord for the window washers. It's called a bellows and comes out next to the left bonnet hinge. I've tried wreckers with no luck. Part number 76875-sm1-004 also what is the opinion of the Honda Euro? I'm interested in maybe an 07-08 model. Which is better and more reliable? A 4 or 6 cyl.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    It's sad that you have given up on your a cord. I do understand though.
    I think the euro (4 cylinder) looks better. Reliability is probably similar. I remember Fredoops mentioned the additional stress the 6 cylinder might cause to the automatic transmission.

Try this,
    https://www.amayama.com/en/search?re...&q=76875sm1004

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Sorry did you try Honda, they may be more expensive but for a small item, it's probably less hassle.

Thanks Martin. I haven't given up on my old accord. it's just that parts are hard to get. I've seen the washer tube on usa sites but I don't think think they will send off a $5 part. Honda told me that it's no longer available. I think I agree with you about the 4 cyl version

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    You should try the amayama site. You may want to look if they sell the speed sensor and other things you need.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 & 06 Accord
    Try a NZ wrecker. Accords were very popular in NZ and they tend to keep older cars running longer there. There are some Jap parts NZ wreckers online.

Thanks Richard. Good idea. Still my wiper problem hasn't been fixed other than removing the fuse, however my speedo started going erratic again and the green S light was flashing. I didn't have any problem on the return journey though. So I located the blue plug next to the left kick panel and I jumped the 2 wires and got 7 short flashes from the check light and 1 long flash so I gather this is code 17 which points out on the chart the speed sensor but it could be something else but maybe I am narrowing it down. Any ideas what or how to narrow it down further?

Member Array
    Car:
    94 & 06 Accord