Hi guys,

Long story short, before I went to QLD for a month, I parked my 04' HONDA CRV close to the side of the house, using one of those silver/blue windscreen reflector protector sheets.

Arrived home this morning, and went to go for a drive, I removed the reflector sheet only to discover a crack going across my windshield..

I have no idea how it happened as no one had driven my car.

Noticeably, there are 2x small stone ships that have been there since I had the car for some time, and I noticed the crack went through one of them (seen in pic above)

Now, the sun at our place rises and would hit the rear of the car, but continue at an angle so the house would have shielded the front windscreen from direct sunlight.. so perhaps the heat NSW has been having somehow did this? I've never had any issues in the past or seen heat do that.. perhaps the small stone chip had a role in this happening ?

My Question is:
Can anyone recommend a place that does replacement windshields around Western Sydney ? As far as I know, there isn't any fancy tech in the windscreen of my car (some cars I believe, have sensors and other tech in them), so would a generic windshield be ok ?