Explanation for bad wiring??

After driving this engine (b18c2 in eg civic) for over 2 years I decided to remove the dodgy piggy back ecu. That's fine, but I discovered the loom has been hacked up in a very strange way. Looking at the red/blue (knock) is bridged to the brown (logic ground) and the other I think is injector connected to not sure. Can anyone explain why someone would do this? I'm afraid to cut anything yet as the car actually runs fine at the moment.

2nd pic shows o2 to logic ground ?? Wtf

that's a cbauto electrics grade of wiring

It's full retard wiring. Think it'll be easier to buy a new loom :P

honestly, I'd keep what you've got and instead invest in a soldering iron, some wire strippers etc and repair it yourself.

watch some youtube videos, it's really not hard to do, and its a valuable skill to have under your belt.
    Last edited by lolmclol; 29-01-2017 at 04:59 PM.

Thanks, but I've already got all that stuff. What I'm not confident about is which ones to cut and solder!

By the look of it, all of them.

Hahahah.. true

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    The knock sensor wire (inner conductor) should only go to OBDI D3, the outer shield gets connected to logic ground. The shield should never make contact with D3 KS signal and should only be connected to ground at the ECU end

A few other sensors such as the TDC CYP CKP are shielded as well

Thanks. I'll check properly tomorrow. There was so much splicing from the apexi I wasn't sure what was factory and what wasn't!