So whilst on the lookout for a Civic to stick my DA1's running gear into I found one with a twincam already installed... I just happened to do a quick search in the Quokka and came across an AT Civic Si. So I gave the seller a call, asked a few questions and went and had a look. Next day I'm driving home in my new Civic! It's has had a respray at some stage that still looks good from 20 metres away. It's got a few k's on the clock, a holey exhaust, AC doesn't work but it's very original, drives ok and it's unique. I love it.
I'm going to use this as a bit of a log to keep track of what I've done or plan to do to the car in the future. It will probably be quite boring, but I know I find other people’s owners threads interesting, even if they're only documenting an oil change, or change of tyres, etc. so don't expect too much action!

The previous owner is an older local Perth guy, he's a nice bloke with a good knowledge and passion for 80's Hondas. He bought the civic in 2000, buying it from the original Australian owner who had it imported (from NZ!). Probably under the old 15y.o. import rule.

He drove it daily as well as tackling some epic journeys such as driving across the Nullarbor all the way to far North Qld and back! Something like 9000kms in one trip! So it's been well used as much as it's been well loved. It's survived a few incidents with some Aussie fauna too, having hit a wombat and having a kangaroo go up and over the roof at some stage too! It looks to have been repaired well in the past, but I guess until you dig deeper by taking bumpers and trim off or getting it on a hoist that you can tell for sure.

It's had a respray at some time in its standard polar white, along with judicious use of a touch up pen along the way too! Anyway, having since retired, and needing to downsize his fleet, the Civic was put up for sale. That's where I join the story. Anyway, here's a quick photo, if it works...