Hello all,
I haven't been on this forum for years. We had a 1988 Legend which we owned for 22 years, we ran just under 600,000klms up on it and sadly it had to go when my wife needed a car suitable to carry grandchildren.

13 years ago, I bought a 1989 Integra for my daughter. She was and is in love with it. Nearly 2 years ago she went overseas and I told her that the car had to go. It was not worth paying the rego on it if it was just sitting in our driveway. A few tears but she understood.

What she didn't know is I put it into a dry shed on a mates property after giving it a huge clean up and polish. So it sat there for 21 months. 4 weeks back, she came home for a 10 day visit so I got it out of the shed before she arrived. Put it onto club permit plates and she was over the moon to see it still survives.

Interesting car in that it's build number 53. Built in April 89 so I'm guessing it was a trial build car, sent to Oz for testing (maybe road testing???). Maybe??

So yesterday, I drive it back to the farm to put it to bed for maybe another couple of years. Driving it in very heavy rain, A/C on, radio on Wipers running, headlights on. Pulled up to put petrol in it and it would not start. Hardly enough power to turn it over. Push started it, ran it on minimal power (no a/c, no headlights unless a car came near me so on and off again) and it made it ok to the farm. The wipers started running properly while travelling along though. Prior to filling it up, they were struggling.

I'm thinking it might be the alternator although I've later thought it might be that the alternator belt might be slipping under a heavy load.

Anyone think that might be the case??? I can't test it as I'm now 120 kilometres from the car.

But if it is the alternator, it looks difficult to get to it. A/C pipes run over the top of it and not much room to work on it..

Looking for some thoughts on this please???

Oh, I forgot to add that when I got to the farm, when standing in carport with the engine running the engine was continually surging from a near stall to about 1500rpm. Would that have anything to do with it???

Thank you