Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9

[Cl9] Automatic transmission

Hey everyone,
    The accord euro seems to be quite popular back in it's days and there a lot around.
    From what I get from this forum, the automatic transmission is not quite as robust as the engine. Because reconditioning a transmission is expensive, is it worthwhile buying a second hand spare? I looked on eBay and can get one for approx $300.
    With buying a transmission, does it fit inside the boot and is it extremely heavy?

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Best to just deal with the problem if it arises because it may not arise or you sell the car etc plans change. I get your thinking cause I think the same but it's not worth the effort and the money can be spent where it's really needed.

I just always make sure I have a spare icm and coil as they go and suddenly need replacing and if you haven't got one ya stuffed until you Get one.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin77 View Post
    Hey everyone,
    The accord euro seems to be quite popular back in it's days and there a lot around.
    From what I get from this forum, the automatic transmission is not quite as robust as the engine. Because reconditioning a transmission is expensive, is it worthwhile buying a second hand spare? I looked on eBay and can get one for approx $300.
    With buying a transmission, does it fit inside the boot and is it extremely heavy?
    don't bother, last thing you want is to buy it and find out it's a dud years down the line....

Mines nearly at 250,000km and still shifts like new with yearly single oil changes

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Thanks for the advise Brett and Andrew. Regular oil change (and maybe a transmission cooler like what Fred installed) should do the trick to make the car last for 20 years. What oil do you use Andrew?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin77 View Post
    Thanks for the advise Brett and Andrew. Regular oil change (and maybe a transmission cooler like what Fred installed) should do the trick to make the car last for 20 years. What oil do you use Andrew?
    I've used the Nulon Multi Vehicle Fully Synthetic (gold bottle) and Penrite multi-vehicle Fully Synthetic (green stripe)... mainly penrite because it's on special more often....

new magnefine filter very 2-3 changes and I have a 678 craig davies transmission cooler fitted for the heatwaves we get in SA

I'll be moving to Penrite LV next service (blue stripe)

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Cerma stm-3 for auto transmission.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    Cerma stm-3 for auto transmission.
    There is a new technology that has surpassed Cerma now.
    Its based on Moly-graphene nano-particle and reduces internal friction. On normal car it reduces fuel consumption (or increase power) by about 10%. Its not for the transmission though.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Left that one hanging in the air Martin.

Cerma is proven.