Thread: Honda Newb...

Newcomer Array

Honda Newb...

Hi all!!

Just recently signed up to the forums, the name is Stef, i'm based in Southern Sydney, Beverly Hills to be exact.

I'll admit, I don't know a great deal about Hondas; always been intrigued about VTec and the like... one model I have always liked is Accord Euro's... (and the odd NSX but who doesn't)

I am no stranger to owning some fun cars, having owned 2 Focus XR5 Turbo's previously..

I sold the white one just over 2 years ago to get my now wife out of her Mazda 3 into a more reliable and family friendly car, a Territory to cart our 7 yr old twins to school and back and all the fun stuff that kids like to do, and since then I have basically been driving borrowed cars up until December last year when I bought myself a Mondeo Titanium hatch..

Can't half tell I am a Ford guy... But I digress...

I got offered pretty good money out of the blue for the Mondeo from a colleague at work recently and next thing you know I'm on the hunt again! I've got my eye on a couple of manuals in the Alabaster Silver, of which im planning to go and check one out this weekend, fingers crossed I'll be the proud new owner of one soon!

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Well,at least you mentioned Honda in the title.

Those cars are fugly as hell,seriously.Have you looked at factory Honda styling and how guys are styling there Honda's? Have you seen JDM styling? That is what the guys on here are into.Makes the above look very adverage my friend.

I spot an Accord in the last pic.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 & 06 Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    Have you seen JDM styling? That is what the guys on here are into.
    I'm not so hot on JDM. Some of the JDM cars look like Myspace pages on wheels

I prefer a much more sedate / together look, where the technology is speaks through what it does rather than announces itself though exaggerated statements.

And at least Ford markets a proper stationwagon in AU. Honda makes excellent wagons but denies them to Australian drivers.

Anyway personal preferences are never wrong.
    Current: 2006 i-CTDi Tourer 1994 VTI Accord Wagon

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    I came across as a bit rude,sorry about that stef.

You were just sharing. .. but others would have said something.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Haha yeah Richard,for sure.

This forum just needs more honda but that was my gripe and I took it out on stef a bit,soz again mate,come back

Newcomer Array
    all good, I figured I would cop some sort of hate for it.. everyones got an opinion, it's all good!!

Newcomer Array
    all good, I figured I would cop some sort of hate for it.. everyones got an opinion, it's all good!!

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Check out the Euro sub forum for lots of info and mods

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    Get yourself an Accord Euro,you'll never regret it,they are brilliant.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 & 06 Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    This forum just needs more honda
    I think the fact that this forum isn't as active as it used to be is a consequence of Honda quality. New Honda drivers don't really need a forum to swap knowledge, and therefore it's mainly people with cars that actually break who congregate on these types of forums.
    Current: 2006 i-CTDi Tourer 1994 VTI Accord Wagon

Member Array
    Car:
    G6E turbo
    Calm down breeza not get angry

Those 5cylinder ford sounds awesome
    FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Hehe yeah...They go hard too but look average but so do all these late model honda's too except for the odd one . I'm stuck on ek's and eg's really.

Good point Richard. Bring back the 90's styled honda's!!