Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    94 & 06 Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    Have you considered Legnum VR4?
    I did! Tracked several imports coming in at the time. I do quite like the look of that car. The rear is a bit like the CM2 but the VR4 is probably a better looking package overal.
    Current: 2006 i-CTDi Tourer 1994 VTI Accord Wagon

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
    I once drove an Evolution and an STI back to back for comparison. I preferred the Evo - that electronic differential is just magic in providing traction and stability.

I looked at an EVO spec wagon when I was shopping around. Decided it was probably a bit too much of a cop magnet.
    Which STi did you make comparison to? STi's diff setup changed drastically in late 05 STi. IMO the mordern STi diff is better 08+. I regularly drive a Built 08 STi and Stockish EVO9. STi makes for a better daily driver where as the evo feels much lighter and nimble, maybe I just biased towards which has more power in the two I drive. It is hard to pick which is better really, what one lacks the other one does it little bit better and vise versa. I can confirm one thing stock for stock they just as quick as each other in a noob drivers hand.

I have also driven VR4's legnum and Galant..... boats. These are truly all mid range and nothing up top, felt like the turbo was too small for the engine. Like fully sick gonna blow doors off spool then just limp nothing past 5k. The Galant handled better IMO.
    Last edited by amant02; 27-05-2017 at 04:05 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
    no & no.
    Ok sorry
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    94 & 06 Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    Which STi did you make comparison to?
    Was an early one, modified for rally use. The Evo was similarly modified but the main difference was that the Evo had the smart diffs. The difference was remarkable. The test was off-road so traction differences were exaggerated. I ran the WRX off the track in places where the I gave the Evo heaps and went just where you pointed it. And yes, I was pretty much fresh off the boat as far as offroad driving was concerned.

I have also driven VR4's legnum and Galant..... Like fully sick gonna blow doors off spool then just limp nothing past 5k.
    That's probably the reason why the Lancer is the hot ticket and the Legnum really just a curiosity.
    Current: 2006 i-CTDi Tourer 1994 VTI Accord Wagon

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Heuheu this why i love these cars, point and shoot.