Thread: Hey All

Threaded View

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz GD3

Hey All

Hey guys,

I was a member on here a few years ago now (over 5 years now) when I first got my licence. My first car was an AH civic 1.5l, and my love for Honda grew from there. Went on a few cruises, put a stupid stereo in it (typical P plate mods)

Ended up buying a set of BMW bottlecaps for it off a guy on here, and drove it around for 2 years before it snapped a camshaft - the engine had 400,000km on it, so it did pretty well. I ended up selling it to a mechanic from my work, who replaced the engine and drove it for 6 months before writing it off

I then moved into an old VR commodore, and purchased an S13 that I put a 2JZ and GT35R on. Enjoyed that for a while, and then sold it to purchase a brand new VE SS wagon (Working at Holden/Honda dealership had its perks) which I enjoyed for 3 years, before selling and purchasing a house.

Around that time, a friend of mine was having some issues with her Honda Jazz, and instead of fixing it, she bought a new car instead. The dealership wasn't interested in trading it in, so she offered it to me for $500 (it had 5 months rego too)
    All it needed was a coil pack and a set of spark plugs, and it ran great again. Which brings me back here. I have since carried out a full service and replaced a few bits and pieces, and have been enjoying the Jazz life for 18 months now. The4 car had 260,000km on it when I bought it, and just clicked over 305,000km this week. Its a 2003 Vti-S in silver, CVT 1.5L (wish it was manual!)

I have fitted a set of cheap Avanti wheels until I can find a nice set of SSR Type-C in a good width and offset on YHJ, and picked up a Mugen Titanium axle-back exhaust (RRP $1200!) for $150 and a set of OEM LED tail lights from an upgarage when I was in Japan at the end of last year. I also have a second hand set of BC coilovers waiting to go in.

The long term plan is to shoehorn a K24A in the car , but I also have an AE86 that I am restoring - so that may not happen until that is finished.

Sorry for the long post, hopefully it wasn't too boring! (also chasing a silver front bar and lip to replace mine, as the last owner hit a few things - let me know if you have one, or any other parts lying around!)

Cheers
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jazzy.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	30140Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jazz 1.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	111.5 KB 
ID:	30139Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Civic 1.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	121.2 KB 
ID:	30141Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jazzy jazz.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	180.1 KB 
ID:	30142
    Last edited by joel23; 27-07-2017 at 05:01 PM.