Hybrid View

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by longerpay2 View Post
    Not as of yet, I have thrown around several ideas but yet to come up with a solution that I am 100% set on. So far I have looked at:

Honda B20A6 out of a 3rd gen Prelude
    Mitsubishi 4G54 out of a 1st gen Magna
    Honda K24A1 with AWD from a CRV
    Holden 186 RWD from An LJ Torana

The usual suspects such a B16 of B18 or even a K20 have been looked at but cannot find one at the right price currently. All a bit too costly considering they will need a full internal rebuild regardless of which motor I go with.
    That is a very unusual line up of options for an EG.

I think most other open class Hondas are running K series engines. Look into K24A3s out of accord euros, they can come cheap enough. From what I've been told I'm fairly sure the K24 that comes in the CRV is basically junk.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    That is a very unusual line up of options for an EG.

I think most other open class Hondas are running K series engines. Look into K24A3s out of accord euros, they can come cheap enough. From what I've been told I'm fairly sure the K24 that comes in the CRV is basically junk.
    In order to beat the competition, either need to out develop know systems that are currently in use or think a little outside the box. I have several spare B20A6 engines lying around. The magna engine is a bit unusual, SOHC, 2.6 litres but capable of holding boost from factory (Same engine used in a Mitsubishi Starion)

I might have a quick look into the accord engines while I am on break today.